Dolphin Tech IST Deluxe harness, anyone knows it ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagge

Registered
Reaction score
Hey

I have to choose a setup to use for commercial diving. Now I am newly certified and we did dive a specific setup during the course, not a backplate, that i have no experience with.

I am generally a bit confused over all the harness, backplate, wing options out there. Now what I need is a backplate to mount a single tank to. I want it to be comfortable, have been thinking about the diverite transpac. I want to be able to adjust shoulder straps after donning it. I also like the idea of shoulder padding, and buckles on the shoulder straps so I can get out of it easyli if the rig is stuck on something on shallow depth where I will be working most fo the time.

No for my main configuration I will dive without a wing.. It needs to be a backplate, one bottle only setup.

BUT i would love to be able to further attach a small donut wing to the setup for recreational diving.

Now what I can not figure out is if any backplate goes with any wing, or are they system propriatary, so that all needs to be the same system ??

Does anyone know the IST Deluxe backplate system specifically, i like the features on that one ?

Also is a wing generally easy to add / remove and the plate still usable with the tank straps or is is a husstle ?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction when it comes to backplate diving and systems.

Best wishes

Jakob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to be de-confused, but I'm too lazy right now.

helpfull...

Did you complete the Commercial Dive Training or just Open Water? If it was the Commercial School they should have given you some guidelines on the gear you would need or should have had already.

yes i did, and no they shouldnt

---------- Post added April 19th, 2014 at 07:16 PM ----------

the commercial course i did

helpfull...

Questions like yours pop up ever couple of weeks or so, that is why Evad answered the way he did. A bit of searching on Scubaboard would have answered your question.

In short, you can add a wing to any current backplate on the market. The only complexity is if you need to use a single tank adapter or not. If the slots of the wing and the plate line up you don't need one. If they don't or if either the plate or the wing does not have slots then you need one.

Hey Man, I know how forum works. I know to search first so I googled the specific harness, nothing came up besides resellers. Not usefull. No reviews. Now I know usegroups as well, so I searched for info, again not much info on this forum either on the specific harness. That is why i asked.
I appreciate that not everyone wants to use the time on this, I am gratefull for the help i get including yours. I do hope that posters will spare on the "old guy wisdom". The question was specifik to that product, and even specific to a usage, that is used with a single tank, with and without wing. How easy it is to change configuration and so on. All quite specific questions since i have not tried backplates, or wings. Now Claymores suggestion, about possible shortcomings on the educations i just took. Now that was completely useless and I really dont see why. The coarse I just took was quite thorough and detailed BUT like every other course, it did not cover all kinds of equipment. Ohhhh I did not get trained in rebreathers as well, claymore, just so you know. And no that is not a shortcoming either, it was just not part of that specific course.

Rant over

Jakob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly where did you take this course? Was it a commercial dive school? If so they should have made specific recommendations for harnesses used as bailout in commercial operations. Recreational courses do not cover commercial diving by any stretch of the imagination. Many recreational courses only talk about the type of gear the shop sells. Sad but true.
Harnesses on a recreational back plate are different than those of a commercial harness. It is too hard to give any kind of intelligent answer when we don't really know what the question is. I am not sure how to answer as we have no idea what kind of commercial diving you plan to do.

---------- Post added April 19th, 2014 at 05:47 PM ----------

How long was this commercial course. Most of the ones I have seen are anywhere from 30 days of 5 or 6 days a week 8 hours plus a day to three or four months depending on what special additional training there is like underwater welding or destructive and non destructive testing.

Ohhh my Jim, really ? You just dont know what you are talking about so just let it be.

Yeahh it was a proper course, what do you think, a imaginary course ? It was not a mail course either.

And no it is not really difficult for you to answer the questions, if you have the knowledge about the subject that is. You could start by reading the original question that I wrote quite detailed I think you will find the questions there. So just focus on that instead of starting a philosophical line of thought regarding diving schools. If it makes it easier for you, just forget the word commercial and just focus on the questions in the original post. Just squint your eyes when you encounter the c word in that post, maybe that will be easier for you. It does not matter what I intend to do with the equipment, I did describe all the questions in the post. Just read if you have the energy. And do me a favour, dont include the "silent majority" in your answers. Just speak for yourself, not the "we".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom