BP/W with weight belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HungoverDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where do you put it? The waist strap of the harness goes along my waist, which leaves no room for a weight belt. I don't want to put the weight on my harness, since it will make it pretty much non-ditchable. I have some Trident weight pouches, which might help?

I'm a dude, so no hips to hold it up if I put it below the harness. The whole thing just falls to the floor.

I need to carry 10lbs in weight total.

Suggestions?

I wear my belt (as many do) inside my harness and under my crotch strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you have no a$$ to hold up a belt then perhaps you can use the weight pockets on the shoulder strappng of the web belt. let teh pockets slide down to the lower plate area. You can dump weight pouches one at a time as opposed to a whole belt. Not a very standard configuration but you do what you have to. You can also get a dui weight harness to ware underthe bp/w.

Where do you put it? The waist strap of the harness goes along my waist, which leaves no room for a weight belt. I don't want to put the weight on my harness, since it will make it pretty much non-ditchable. I have some Trident weight pouches, which might help?

I'm a dude, so no hips to hold it up if I put it below the harness. The whole thing just falls to the floor.

Suggestions?

Have you considered the idea of achieving a so-called "balanced rig" where all of your lead is attached to the harness? The theory is that weight need not be ditchable so long as you can swim the rig up from depth with no air in your wing (as in the case of a wing failure). I put 8lbs of lead in pouches on the cam bands and can easily swim it up if my wing should fail.

I am not necessarily an advocate of the balanced rig approach--it's just what was taught to me.

Suggestions?
I wear my weight belt inside my harness and under my crotch strap. However, if you only need to hold 10 lbs, then why not get ditchable weight pockets for on your harness?

Zeagle has weight pockets that mount to the backplate. You run the waist strap through them as well. They are ditchable weights. XS Scuba also makes pockets for the harness.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2014 at 03:43 PM ----------

I wear my belt (as many do) inside my harness and under my crotch strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. But then I only have at most 4-lbs on my weight belt. Even though I have no waist to speak of, it's a non-issue because I'm not carrying that much weight on the belt.

Suggestions?

Diving dry, I need 24 lbs of lead. 14 lbs goes in XS Scuba quick release pockets I have threaded onto my waist strap (https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...&sa=X&ei=bByFU8WFOcLaoATQnIHABQ&ved=0CJ0BELkk)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom