Questions on Oceanic Biolite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YVM

New
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions for Oceanic Biolite owners from unexperienced diver.
1. How much weight do you put inside the pockets? Some websites indicate 6.3kg for both pockets, while other ones indicate 4.5 kg per pocket. Can one pocket hold 2 weights of 2 kg each (4kg total)? I mean will it be convenient to put the weights inside without struggle and without tearing the pockets.
2. Maybe it’s a strange questions but will it be afloat with weights inside? If yes - which weight do you refer to - 6kg, 8kg or more (for example 6kg in the pockets + 4 kg in the trim pockets, so it would be 10kg total weight). I’m asking since I had dived with BC (another model) that could not sty afloat with weight inside the pockets (though the amount of weight was within the specifications), and it was inconvenient to put in on while in the water.

Back
Top Bottom