I'm a noob who just acquired a Scubapro Knighthawk...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol sorry about that, we'll chalk it up to being a noob. It fits great, no problems to speak of at all so far. Type of diving? Not entirely sure at this point. I would imagine I would like to play the field at some point once getting comfortable. I think it was around $600? Not too sure since it came in a bundle with everything else for $2500 with a $500 in store credit (free wetsuit and accessories).

Understandable statement dog, I'm also a member of forums for geeks who build PCs and posting new gear for critique is a common practice. Looks like that may not be the case here....

It's a good BC.

How did you do?

If you're still diving it 15 years from now and it's a pale grey, you did great. If you put it in a closet a year from now and never use it, you didn't do too well

Understandable statement dog, I'm also a member of forums for geeks who build PCs and posting new gear for critique is a common practice. Looks like that may not be the case here....

As long as you're not using ATI cards you'll do just fine here.

Ok... Totally understand... Sometimes divers get caught up in what other divers think of their gear seeking final approval after purchase. The Knighthawk is a good BC for some people just like the Aeris EX100 is good for some people. I dive the Aeris. It's considered a cheap rental BC by other divers but the quality is very good and it met all the requirements I wanted in a BC (I actually made a long list). For me it's perfect and I would not trade it for anything else.

In your case, you will find out what your particular likes and dislikes will be in equipment (you're not certified?) but you picked a good starting point. Your taste will change and be refined as you dive more.

So like DennisS said, if you have it yrs from now and it's well worn and you never required something more/different, then you did good. Have fun, enjoy your new equipment. It's always exciting to get new toys...

dd

Back
Top Bottom