question about power inflation hoses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

patrickusaf08

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Will any inflator hose fit on any power inflator. I have a dive rite bp/w and was wondering if I can use that hose to hook to any bc inflator because I travel on cruises alot and would like to take my own regs but don't have room for the bp\w due to weight.

For the most part standard inflators and hoses are standard. There may be some oddball inflator connections out there but I donor know if any specuficly. Rental gear should be using standard couplings so that customers who have their own regs will be able to use their BC. Occasionally you may run into an inflator hose connector and inflator that are on the opposit ends of the spec range and not couple properly but this is rare.

since oyu use a BP/W another thing you might need to concern yourself with is the hose length. Inflators on standard BCs are generally longer compared to the inflators on wings. it'll still work, but if you happen to have a very long inflator and a very short LP hose, it might be a bit ackward

Air2 type alternates have a higher vol. hose, (it has to deliver enough air too breath off of as well as inflate your BCD).The connection may also be bigger. Scubapro is know for funky off standard size connections. Length would also be a consideration. Too long a hose for a shorter corrigated hose and it doesn't lay smoothly.

Worst case you orally inflate. I would call it a training day :wink:

I swapped drysuit valves, and replaced my drysuit inflator valve with the same brand, so I didn't even think the hose connection could be different. It was, which of course I figured out as I am gearing. Just happens that my Oxycheq wing inflator had the same thread pitch. I removed the inflator fitting and put it on my drysuit so I could dive deeper than 20ft. Spent two wonderful dives orally inflating my BC. You don't need a power inflator as orally inflating should be part of your ongoing skills refinement. Do make sure you are weighted correctly though.

Also another problem is I currently use a SS1 so I would need to buy and octo. Then when I want to go on vacation I would have to remove the hose for the SS1 install the inflator hose and install the reg. I think I may just use the rental gear they have.I just like having the comfort of mind knowing exactly when my regs were served and cleaned and how they perform. It seems like it may be a crap shoot to see if my inflator hose will 1st connect to their bc and b if it will be the correct length

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom