Where can I find a 2" elastic band?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rasher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My buddy just picked up an Apeks BP/W system and instead of the rubber tire innertube bands to hold his backup light, it came with a couple of elastic bands that fit in the same location but offer a little more stretch that I'd prefer for my Zeagle BP/W setup. My backup light is a little too large diameter to easily get in and out of my rubber bands.

Anybody know where I can find these elastic bands? My LDS surely would be able to order them as replacement parts from Apeks, but I'd prefer not to spend the fortune they'll surely cost.

Thanks for any advice!

Try O rings, cheap and you can pick the size that works.

1/8" or 3/16" bungie cord... tied in any size loop you need. Or, if you really want those elastic bands... they are simply a bicycle tire inner tube cut "calamari" style.

Last edited:
The thicker ponytail holders work well and you can buy them pretty much anywhere.

You can buy the 2" stretchy stuff from most any fabric store, then either sew it by hand or use a sewing machine to make it whatever diameter you desire. Although I would use something more like 1.5" if it were my desire to use that material.

I picked up a used Apeks rig on eBay so I know what you are looking for. I have never seen them sold separately. I remember Jim Lapenta mentioning that HOG harnesses use something similar so you may want to PM him and ask.

For those of you not knowing what he is looking for, it is like a neoprene shoulder pad that fits over the webbing but not as long maybe only an inch or so. It also seems to be stretchier than a neoprene shoulder pad. It is really a much nicer solution than the rubber bands that Halcyon uses or the inner tubes of other brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom