Where to buy BCD in Chicago IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Chicago 28th Aug - 1st Sept and would like to know if there is a dive shop either in Chicago downtown or Chicago area.

Hogge

The closest to downtown - just slightly north of downtown - is probably Underwater Safaris. Underwater Safaris

To get there from downtown take Lake Shore Drive north to LaSalle, - it's maybe 2? miles. Go West (left) on LaSalle then the next major left will be Lincoln. Follow it up about a mile and the shop is on the left. a few short blocks past Diversey. If you get to Belmont, you're too far. These are all major streets I'm listing so it should be easy to find. If you're staying elsewhere in Chicago - near O'Hare airport? - take I90 south to that area. It's maybe 10 miles.

Windy City - a dive boat charter - also lists other shops on their website if you're elsewhere in the Chicago area. Windy City Diving: Dive Shops

If you're in the downtown area, the Shedd Aquarium is worth a visit also. It's on the waterfront in the Museum district. About a block north of Soldier Field.

DRIS - post above - is an option if you have a car. A cab from the greater Chicago area would be prohibitive. I don't believe they have a huge retail store so maybe contact them before driving down.

Back
Top Bottom