attach tank to bc Tusa Bcj-5960

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The strap with the plastic cover is actually a carry handle. In answer to your question, if you want to attach the top is your tank to your BCD, the first strap is the one to use. For what it's worth though, I've never seen the point of it if your tank strap(s) are tight enough.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse unfortunate iCorrects

ok thanks because on some photo i saw like the carry handle attached to the tank... and some other not....

Actually there's a strap that allows you to hang the BCD on the tank, which does two things: 1) It makes it easier to position the BC on the same location on the tank consistently and 2) It allows you to easily fasten the tank straps once the BC is in that proper position.

By the way, TUSA's Independent Harness sytem is the best tank mounting system I've ever used. Makes the tank feel rock solid on my back. I've probably owned over 10 BCDs (including my current BP/W) and TUSA's is hands down the best.

I've never had a lot of success using twins on a jacket-style BCD or these new hybrid "harness" setups. That's why I switched to a full harness a few years back and never regretted it :). Each to their own though - a harness suits my diving, but it's not for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone so excuse unfortunate iCorrects

Even the jackets that actually say they can handle dual tanks are pretty crappy at it. Usually involves some Rube Goldberg looking modification and even then thanks to being a sloppy fit in the first place and no crotch strap it'll be like wearing a pissed off ferret on your back. Squirming, rolling, trying to get off of it.

Back
Top Bottom