How to replace a bcd power inflator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How would I disassemble/reassemble the wire that connects to the power inflator?

I have a Ranger also.

Cut the two cable ties just above the inflator and slide the hose off. The wire is a loop that's captured inside the end with a small solid pin that is just pressed into a small hole drilled in it. I pushed it out with an paperclip. The hose captures the pin when it's all assembled.

Capture.jpg

Changing to a BX inflator? It's a really good idea. When I get back from a trip I hook the hose to it, unscrew the dump valves and let the water run. Bx Power Inflator

How about replacing the Remote Exhaust Dump Valve with a simple plain elbow which is available eg. DGX?

This is easy to do - you might have to drive the pin out gently with a hammer and small blunt-ended 'pin' of suitable diameter. Once it sticks out a bit, you can continue driving it out if your tools permit, or you can gently grab it with some pliers and pull it out. It shouldn't take much force to get it out.

Genius!!! I HATE getting wet trying to fill up our BCD's from the hose. I can't unscrew the inflator hose from the jacket so I'm left soaking myself trying to get water into the BCD. How do I find if this fits a ScubaPro GO?

off topic...the video on the Zeagle site shows a guy using a hose with a nozzle and he starts spraying water right up into the reg! Isn't that like really BAD? I was glad when we finally got our own tanks as being able to soak our reg's pressurized was an added benefit.

The Zeagle BX inflator comes with a female connector, with standard garden hose thread, that goes on the end of the corrugated BC hose.
The BX inflator has the corresponding male hose threads so it screws into the connector on rhe BC hose.

When you want to rinse the inside of your BC you unscrew the BX inflator and screw a garden hose into the female connector and turn on the water. The inside of the bladder and dump valves get flushed with fresh water.

The BX connector should fit on any 1" hose.

Spraying water into the exhaust and mouth piece should not hurt any thing as long as the purg button is not depressed, regs are exposed to water whenever you are in the water. If the pure button is depressed while the reg is unpressurized water can enter into the pressure side of the reg and then into the hose and back to the first stage where it can do damage and possibly migrate to the SPG or air integrated computer or the sending unit causing a failure of those parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom