Full Inflation Jacket BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
what are other available brand/model (IF ANY) that offers full jacket inflation?
such as scubapro classic plus.

just not interested in fighting bc orientation.
want it to be near neutral in any position underwater and want to be head side up at surface.

not quite sure what you're asking here. That jacket is going to be positive in any orientation due to the materials used, betting at least 2lbs+ in the water. The DiveRightinScuba Trianta setup works very well for a bp/w at the surface due to the larger part of the wing at the top.

Most stab jackets look and act like the SP that you mention, but not sure what "full jacket inflation" means.

full jacket inflation simply means the bladder is all around the torso. not just on the back and/or not just on the lower side.

beside scubapro classic plus - most stab jackets only offers lower side bladder and back bladder. missing front bladder.

hope this clears up the requirements.

looking for other alternatives (IF AVAILABLE) - otherwise it will be another scubapro classic plus.

just not interested in fighting bc orientation.
want it to be near neutral in any position underwater and want to be head side up at surface.

Learn to place your trim weights and you can be neutral in any bc. I have never had a bc that held me upside down on the surface so I don't get what your asking for.

I have not seen every possible BCD but I have to say the Classic Pro is the first BCD I have seen which has air all over. Every other jacket style BCD I have seen connects the waist to the shoulders using a strap. There is no air in the space between the waist and the shoulders. I've seen Sherwood, Mares, Aqualung, Tusa, Cressi and Aeris. They have some models which the bladder goes into the shoulders and around the torso but there is still a strap from the shoulder down to the waist.

I didn't imagine that something like the Scubapro Classic Plus existed.

in the market for another bcd.

looks like this particular air all around feature is a scuba pro exclusive.

I started my diving with a back inflate BCD--bought it right away as a new diver. I did not participate in any Internet forums back then, so it was several years before I heard someone say that back inflate BCDs push you on your face at the surface. I had no idea they did that--mine sure didn't. I realized it was because I hadn't learned to dive on a jacket BCD first. Instead I learned to hold my body at the correct angle from the start. I also learned you don't have to pump it up to its maximum capacity to stay on the surface. Today I dive mostly in a BP/W--again I feel nothing pushing me on my face.

You should pick the kind of BCD you want, and your choice can be for a number of reasons, but I don't think how you float on the surface should be one of them. You will get used to the one you have pretty quickly. Focus on what the BCD will do for you during the dive.

while every piece of equipment has its pros and cons.

if you think the only benefit for air all around is only at the surface.
you have much to learn about the benefits of air all around.

hence the reason why you do not feel anything pushing on u with your bp/w is because u are constantly correcting it without even realizing it.

And you are saying I am constantly correcting it without realizing it. Let's say I am. Why is that a problem?

I dive the way I do. You dive the way you do. But if you want a BCD such as you describe, we can surely find exactly what you need.

I strongly suggest that you start a thread describing the benefits of the system you prefer. You don't run into such threads often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom