where do i put my crap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hbhobby

Contributor
Reaction score
I have recently started diving a back plate with wing. The question is where do i put all of the stuff i used to carry in my BC pockets. Like safety sausage, spare mask, camera, and flashlight. When i use the dry suit i have pockets but with warm water where does it go?

They make 'shorts' w/pockets you can pull over your wet suit....Leisurepro.com probably carries them.....

Irikonji shorts: 6' SMB attached to a 200' spreel in the right front pocket; shears in the sheath on the same pocket; 4.5' backup SMB in the outside left SMB pocket; backup mask and wet notes in the left front pocket; anything else small in the two butt pockets. Main reel(s) go on the butt d-ring; backup lights go on the harness held in place with bungie loops or rubber bike tire sections and clipped to the chest d-rings.

I wear Irikonji shorts. My DSMB/Lift bag is in a pouch attached to the butt of the BP. The spool for it is clipped off to the rear of the crotch strap. Torches are clipped to the shoulder D-Rings and tucked under innertube bands on the straps. The shorts have pockets for everything else.

I have recently started diving a back plate with wing. The question is where do i put all of the stuff i used to carry in my BC pockets. Like safety sausage, spare mask, camera, and flashlight. When i use the dry suit i have pockets but with warm water where does it go?

In warm water you will need less weight so you could try a pouch style weight belt with the weights in the middle of the belt leaving the front 2 pouches available for smaller items. These would probably be too small for you mask and camera but the rest should fit.

Pinnacle Comfo Belt at LeisurePro

Dive Gear Express has a line of pockets and accessories.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/pockets.shtml

I use one of these
[h=3]DC Thigh Pocket XT, Velcro Closure[/h]The Dive Rite Thigh Pocket XT includes an innovative leg band made of a proprietary material used in bandages. The leg band material holds up to salt water and dries quickly, plus silicone strips placed on the inside of the band grip your exposure suit and keep the leg band in place. At { 4 in | 10.2 cm } in width, the leg band will be comfortable and secure. The Dive Rite Thigh Pocket is now made of tough, rip resistant 1680 denier ballistic nylon, the bellows pocket itself is attached via a buckle on the waist belt. The slide release buckle allows don or doff of the thigh pocket without having to unbuckle the waist belt and slide the pocket off. Designed to be worn on the thigh, or stowed on a stage or sidemount bottle, the thigh pocket includes daisy chain webbing on the external pocket for clipping Z-knives, trauma shears or any tool that you need in easy reach. Inside the thigh pocket is a { 36 in | 91.4 cm }, looped lanyard to clip off reels, line markers and pocket lights. The pocket includes a d-ring on the velcro closure flap to make it easy to grab and open the pocket flap along with a stainless drain grommet on the bottom.

And I like it.

DC

My current warm water and general purpose travel rig. The two XS pockets on the shoulder harness hold a spool with sausage and double ender and for shore diving the other can hold a roll up snorkel (or be removed). The two waist band XS QR pockets are for weight integration though if I use a weight belt they are large enough to hold other items, but, I usually put weight in them in lieu of a belt. The knife is a titanium Tekna Dagger, on the left shoulder is a Trilobite type thingie, my mini LED light clips to my right shoulder D ring and stows under an inner tube retainer.

IMG_0351_zps261b92ee.jpg

My camera goes in my hands as it is much too big to go in a pocket. It is always clipped on a bungee to the crotch D ring and for sometimes (emergency for example) when I need both hands cross clips to the left shoulder D ring.

P4140290.jpg

The primary regulator is VDH Argonaut Kraken and my octopus is a USD Calypso on braided hose. The spg is on a braided hose. The mask is an Atomic Frameless and the fins (I have not settled on these completely except for light weight travel) are Aeris. I am considering some free dive fins with custom cut blades, full foot for boat diving and my Mares Avanti will continue as primary for normal use.

photo6_zps594942e1.jpg

The ugly gold carpet is a roll rug in my lower floor secret shop thrown over an epoxy painted concrete floor. I think it needs updated.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom