Aqua lung inflator completely detached from bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castaways01

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi. The inflator hose detached completely from my Aqua Lung BC. OK, I know this BC is few years old but its been used just a handful of times and not abused in any way. It was properly taken care of. Is there anyone repairing this type of thing? I contacted Aqua Lung and they say it is heat welded and they will not attempt to repair it. Posting a photo of what happened to it on a dive last week in Roatan. Can anyone help? Thanks for any and all replies!

Attachments

• aqua lung bc.jpg
    aqua lung bc.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 209
If Aqualung were to refuse to repair it, that ought to tell you something.

As far as why that happened, could be a couple of things: crappy manufacturing - Aqualung is a reputable manufacturer but lemons do get through, or probably improper storage (store in a place too high of a heat or something piled on top of it?).

Hi. The inflator hose detached completely from my Aqua Lung BC. OK, I know this BC is few years old but its been used just a handful of times and not abused in any way. It was properly taken care of. Is there anyone repairing this type of thing? I contacted Aqua Lung and they say it is heat welded and they will not attempt to repair it. Posting a photo of what happened to it on a dive last week in Roatan. Can anyone help? Thanks for any and all replies!

how old is this Aqualung BC ? 10 years?

If Aqualung were to refuse to repair it, that ought to tell you something.

As far as why that happened, could be a couple of things: crappy manufacturing - Aqualung is a reputable manufacturer but lemons do get through, or probably improper storage (store in a place too high of a heat or something piled on top of it?).

Agree that if a MFG will not take the responsibility to attempt a repair with dive equipment then you should start looking for a new BCD. I would say this happened possibly from a form of dry rot and the pieces separated. Also this appears to be more than a few years old.

That BC is more than a few years old (quite old). I have only seen one or two BCs fail this way, all the result of improper storage. I have a 20 year old AL BC that other than fading is as solid as new, but stored cool and dry for its life. Time for a new BC.

Get a BP/W.

Ha! Said it before anyone else!

Just having a little fun, but in all seriousness BP/Ws do seem to be easier to repair yourself. Additionally, the manufacturers and retailers (Deep Sea Supply, Dive Gear Express, DRIS, Dive Rite, Oxycheq, Northeast Scuba Supply) that I've talked to and researched all seem to have a pretty good reputation of standing behind their products.

I'm not saying the big kids (SP, AL, etc) don't stand behind their stuff also, but it just seems the smaller guys have a more personal touch and are more customer service oriented.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom