Puncture in Aqualung Pro QD BCD , Can Hole in BC be repaired

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I own an Aqualung Pro QD BCD and have recently noticed there is a slight puncture in the back of the jacket, it is approximately 4 cm / 1 1/2 inches from the seam. I have put it underwater and there is a steady strem of bubbles flowing from it, this leads me to think that the inner bladder may be punctured. Anyone have any advice on what I could do? Is this repairable in a store or could I repair it myself?

I had my Aqua lung Pro BCD punctured all the way through somehow almost the size of a large needle and mine was right next to the seam. I took it to my Aqualung retailer and they did patch it but they had to cut the patch to fit properly, then only issue is after every 150 or so dives then adhesive starts to degrade at the seam area because of the movement in that area with inflation and deflation and I have to have it re-patched. It doesn't cost much so I just have them do it, you can always buy your own patch kit and do it yourself if you feel comfortable. I would suggest taking it to your nearest shop that can perform BCD repairs first and have them take a look at it.

I would never trust my life to a patch. A new BC (at least the one I use) doesn't cost that much, particularly considering the cost of the rest of the equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom