Zeagle ranger BCD with 149 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want more bottom time and am thinking about buying a faber 149. My buddy said to look into if the BC can even handle that type of weight. I looked but couldn't find a thing so I am guessing it can handle 46.9 pounds plus the weight of a fill. I will be climbing down some cliffs PV which i think is better, with 1 trip with gear instead of 2 trips with 2 tanks. I also boat dive and shore dive. I can do 1 long dive or 2 with buddies that use 80cf. So back to my main question will my Zeagle ranger hold this tank? (I dont mind about take size as its only 10 pounds heaver the my other steel tanks and in 5'11 and 200 pounds'

I want more bottom time and am thinking about buying a faber 149. My buddy said to look into if the BC can even handle that type of weight. I looked but couldn't find a thing so I am guessing it can handle 46.9 pounds plus the weight of a fill. I will be climbing down some cliffs PV which i think is better, with 1 trip with gear instead of 2 trips with 2 tanks. I also boat dive and shore dive. I can do 1 long dive or 2 with buddies that use 80cf. So back to my main question will my Zeagle ranger hold this tank? (I dont mind about take size as its only 10 pounds heaver the my other steel tanks and in 5'11 and 200 pounds'
Not sure what exactly you are asking. Does a Ranger have the 'lift' to accommodate this cylinder in salt water - well, if you have the 44 lb bladder, it does, and more.

A related, and I think, much bigger, question is what such a LONG cylinder will do to your trim. THAT is probably the question you should be asking.

Many people find that a HP 120 is not a good cylinder for any diver under 6' in height. The Faber 120 is 29.3 inches long. The Faber 149 is also 29.2 inches long, but is an 8" diameter cylinder, while the 120 is a 7.25" diameter - a long cylinder, with more weight at the bottom (because of the diameter). Is that a good fit for YOU?

I am 5'11". I can (and do) use a 120 as a single cylinder. I probably could use a 149. I prefer double AL80s to get the gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom