Craigslist ad in Roanoke, VA - DSS Backplate and wing for $35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkheel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just noticed a Craigslist ad for a DSS backplate and wing for a tremendously good price. Not sure about wing size and backplate size. Looks like a good deal for someone.

scuba

Thanks! I emailed him.

If it checks out, Stuart, you ought to get that instead of the other BC....

If it checks out, and I CAN get it, I definitely will. I'm not sure what "other BC" you mean, though, unless you're talking about the Selene Wing I'm looking at getting for my g/f. I would still get that for her. If this BP/W turns out to be her size and not mine, then we'll see....

For that price I would buy first and ask questions later. Unless the plate is a small (unlikely) it will fit a very wide range of sizes. You might need to replace the webbing, but that's a $20 investment at most.

Yeah, whatever one you were talking about in your new gear thread.

Totally agree, but it first. Plate and hardware are worth much more than the price. Winner even if wing and webbing is toast.

Although the plate is worth $35 - maybe ask Tobin to take a quick look at the 2nd photo to see if his newer wings are compatible if needed - he made it...

View Profile: cool_hardware52 - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

Does look pretty similar though - at least what you can see.

10002_IMAGE_MEDIUM.jpg

Is there more to adapting a backplate to fit a different wing than drilling some new holes (if necessary)?

I have a drill press and know how to use it. :D

Is there more to adapting a backplate to fit a different wing than drilling some new holes (if necessary)?

I have a drill press and know how to use it. :D

you my friend are an ANARCHIST.....:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom