Plasti-Dip on weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am sure it has been done and am wondering how well Plasti-Dip works to cover hard weights? Mine very seldom if ever go on a weight belt just in weight pouches of one sort or another. Maybe a different color for each size.

I have tried the plastidip spray on motorcycle parts and it was extremely temporary I havent tried the stuff in the paintcan that you dip wrenches in but it might not stick around long in scuba use.

I've successfully used tool dip on soft lead V-weights that I made. A couple coats seem to be reasonably durable, but once the weights are in place between the tanks, they're not subject to much wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried the spray on Plasti-Dip, with the results being that they seem ok for 15 dives, and then start peeling like crazy. I've started just giving my weights a quick and light coat of cheap spray paint to mark them as mine, and then don't worry about it. While the finish is by no means flawless after many dives, most quick-dry spray paint won't come off in sheets like the plasti-dip will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom