Triple-L Aquarius BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zap11

Reaction score
Hello everyone
It seems to me that the Triple-L BCD is touted to be a travel BCD and it's simplicity and compactness attracted me. Anyone here has experience with this BCD and dove with it before?

I took one to Bonaire two weeks ago and made 21 dives with it. I can say it is a pleasure to pack. ( about the size of a rolled up t-shirt) The dumps and inflator worked very well and the bladder looks like it is made very well. The trade off to it packing small is it is a "bare bones" BC. No pockets, no padding, and few d-rings. My biggest complaint is the sizing. I wear a XXL shirt, so I ordered a XL BC (according to Triple-L's sizing chart). It was way to big. To exchange it, there would have been a restocking fee (clearly listed on their website) of almost half the price of the BC so I keep it and ordered a Large. It was slightly large on me but I went with it. If I get another one, it will be a Med. Since it was a little large, I had a little trouble with the tank rolling.
I will probably buy one for my wife because she only dives half of the dives I do and I have to carry her gear. A good BC for the price, just don't expect Caddy features at a Chevy price.
Tim

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently 35" at waist, 180 pound and 6ft tall. ANd my wife is 28" at waist, 5.1ft and 110 pounds. I'm getting this bc for me & wife, but not sure what sizes to order. Can someone enlighten me? As I understand Triple-L Bcs sizes may be a bit "bigger" than usual?? Thanks

Bump...would like to get some more recent feedback if available. Seems like it has it's place for those of us that like to travel light. Thx.

Recently purchased one for my wife. Anxiously awaiting it's arrival. May buy one for myself if it tests out well for her. For $100, it's well worth the space-saving for me.

Finally got it into the ocean, had a great time w/ my Aquarius. It's compactness may have been a saving grace for those current dives. It was loose underwater w/o the air. Does this mean it's too big? It was a little bothersome but easy to live w/.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom