Farnsworth Bank: Purple Hydrocoral and Much More

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaliforniaDivingNews

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
by Bonnie J. Cardone

The engine was off and the Conception was anchored when I awoke in the wee hours of the morning. I rolled out of my bunk and stumbled topside. The ocean was calm, with only a slight swell, and there was no other boat in sight. Off in the distance I saw the outline of familiar mountains. We were anchored on the backside of Catalina, on a fabled site called Farnsworth Bank.

While conditions appeared favorable, it was early...Read More

upload_0000Nb.jpg

Fun article . . . I'm making a trip down there in June for a three-day liveaboard, and I'm harboring the not-so-secret hope that we'll be able to dive Farnsworth.

Certainly my favorite dive site on the island if not in SoCal. The hydrocoral combined with the "yellow wall" of Epizoanthus giveni zoanthids, the frequent sightings of torpedo rays, the red-spotted sea star and even scythe butterflyfish!

thnx for posting

Fun article . . . I'm making a trip down there in June for a three-day liveaboard, and I'm harboring the not-so-secret hope that we'll be able to dive Farnsworth.

What boat are you diving on? Do you know who is running the charter? You may want to contact them before the trip to make sure they stop at Farnsworth at some point.

It's the Peace, on a private charter. Farnsworth is on the list, but I gather it will depend on weather and water conditions.

Nick, won't be able to deal with Jamie's disappointment?

It's the Peace, on a private charter. Farnsworth is on the list, but I gather it will depend on weather and water conditions.

Nick, won't be able to deal with Jamie's disappointment?

The good thing with being on San Clemente is that Farnsworth is so close so you can just hop over there if conditions look good.

If we dont make it I fear for my very life :) heh heh

Best reef dive I have ever done with no exceptions (when the conditions are good)

[vimeo]12385405[/vimeo]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom