Canon or Tokina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenazah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some help here, I moving to SLR and I need to buy a fisheye lens. I'm torned between Canon 15mm or Tokina 10-17mm. Any thought? Other lens that I missed perhaps.

'm leaning toward the Tokina lens, even tough i need to buy the zoom gear for that, but I like the idea of having some flexibility.

The camera is a used Rebel Xt with Sea & Sea housing, and it has the Optical Dome port and the extension ring, it fits both lenses.

Not sure if this helps, but I'm pretty sure that Doug Ebersole (Debersole) uses the Tokina 10-17mm with his Canon XTI and a Sea & Sea Housing. Take a look at his website and you can see some of his pictures:

debersole.com

Also, Doug is a really nice guy, therefore, I'd suggest PM'ing him if you would like more specific first-hand advice about the lens.

Feel free to tell him that Adrian (SFLDiver or SFLDiver3445) suggested you contact him.

Adrian

Tokina.

With the Rebel XT, it will give you true 180 degree coverage across the diagonal at 10mm. And the flexibility of the zoom is hard to beat.

Check out the underwater gallery on my website below - this has become exclusive WA lens now.

Vandit

ditto what vkalia said. It's really nice having the flexibility of that 10-17 zoom range. Like Vandit, this has become my exclusive w/a lens as well.

Also, if you want to avoid having to buy the expensive S&S zoom ring, try this site for a cheaper alternative. I picked one up for my Tokina 10-17. FUN-IN Underwater Photographic Equipment

Pakman, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to purchase s&s zoom ring. Gotta love scubaboard.

Back
Top Bottom