7D Preflash Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig Hoover

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Please help! Does anyone know how I can disable preflashes while using the viewfinder?

When shooting through the viewfinder in manual mode, the on camera flash sends out preflashes before the shutter release. The flash does not do this when using the LCD screen. I have tried switching flash mode between Manual flash and E-TTL II when using both the viewfinder and the LCD screen. Preflashes occur with the viewfinder and no preflashes with the LCD no matter which mode I use.

I am using two YS-110a strobes set to manual 1. The pulses of light trigger the strobes which must then recycle. If I press the shutter release before the strobes finish recycling then they do not fire. The end result is either many shots that have no flash or a serious lag time between pressing the shutter release lever and being able to take the shot.

Craig

Craig: There are two kinds of pre-flash. In E-TTL mode the preflash is to set the TTL exposure. There is another kind of pre-flash that is used to help focus. When I am using manual strobes I set the strobes to manual in the flash control menu. In custom function 3, number 11 turn off autofocus assist. Your problem should be solved.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom