Just Ordered my S95....With ikelite housing. What W/A lens to get guy/gals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all. Iv finally made the leap and ordered. I am still deciding on stobe. Yet i was also wondering if you guys had and opinions on what wide angle lens i should get. If any body has and with and without shot that would be amazing. Thanks. :idk:

I’ve also got an Ikelite S95 setup and based on what I’ve read on this forum, we have the following options available:

1) Ikelite W-20: no vignetting at 28mm
2) Dyron WA-15: no vignetting at 28mm, positive review at Bluewaterphotostore
3) FIX UWL-04: slight vignetting at 28mm, none at 35mm
4) Inon UFL-165AD + adapter: slight vignetting at 35mm, better with custom ‘Nemrod adapter’
5) Inon UWL-100 (28) + dome II: no or minor vignetting at 28mm

Please note that this is all hearsay and if anyone is using any of the above combinations, please give us your opinion!

Last edited:
Probably the best current option is the new Inon UWL-H100 M67 and of course would be even better with the Dome II kit. Very expensive, large and heavy and should work at 28mm without vignetting or excessive edge distortion, my bet. The older UWL100-67 with dome would be a good choice as well, would require zooming to 35mm, also large, heavy and expensive.

INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Overview]

This should work, I think, I know it will with the Canon or FIX or Fisheye/Nautica S series housings:

http://inonnews.blogspot.com/2011/07/underwater-micro-fisheye-lens-ufl-m150.html

Not a wide angle but a macro fisheye, I want one really bad, it may be the answer to boring macro.

N

Thank you Nemrod! I'll edit my list wrt the UWL-100 :)

@Asha: Do you use the UFL-165 with the Deeproof adapter on the Ike housing? How far do you have to zoom in to eliminate the vignetting?

Nemrod do you think that the Inon UWL-H100 M67 with dome is a better option (image quality) than the UFL-165AD for the Recsea S95 using the appropriate adapters?

Probably the best current option is the new Inon UWL-H100 M67 and of course would be even better with the Dome II kit. Very expensive, large and heavy and should work at 28mm without vignetting or excessive edge distortion, my bet. The older UWL100-67 with dome would be a good choice as well, would require zooming to 35mm, also large, heavy and expensive.

INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-H100 28M67 [Overview]

This should work, I think, I know it will with the Canon or FIX or Fisheye/Nautica S series housings:

INON NEWS: Underwater Micro Fisheye Lens [UFL-M150 ZM80] is released

Not a wide angle but a macro fisheye, I want one really bad, it may be the answer to boring macro.

N

You are asking me to make an educated guess and my educated guess based on my experience with the UFL165AD and with the UWL100-67 with dome is that yes, the new lens would be a better choice for the S95. Is it worth the additional price, weight and size, don't know. Yeah, I suspect it might be the top lens choice for the S series cameras, especially if mated to the Recsea or FIX housings. Should work on the Ikelite as well and obviously it works with the OEM Canon housing in the bayonet version.

Look, it is a coated glass lens and dome, the UFL165AD and the Fisheye UWL-04 have Plexi domes and are smaller domes, yes, it is a better lens, probably pretty safe to say.

N

It would be very nice to know how well the Inon UWL-H100 M67 works with Canon S95 in an IkeLite housing? And which type to use? Type 1 or Type 2?

- Sam

I have a S90/Ike Housing and a W-20 and there is vignetting when set to 28mm so I have to zoom to 35 mm or handle it with cropping.

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom