question about lens compatibility with s100 and canon housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AandK

Registered
Reaction score
I have a s100 with the standard canon housing which has the inon LD mount on front. My question is, can i use UWL-H100 28M67 with the LD adaptor as a wide lens? Is this the same as buying the UWL-H10028LD, or does it increase the distance from the port by using the adaptor? Or cause other problems?

The reason is, im also getting a Sony RX100 which has a m67 thread on the front, and i would like to be able to use the lenses on both cameras with the LD adapter on the canon or no adaptor on the sony.

Thanks

No you need the LD lens and there is an LD adapter also for the RX100. You can also buy the M67 thread separately as spare part if you don't want to use an Ld adapter on the rx100 but is not recommended
Other than the Mount the lenses are identical
Using the M67 to LD adapter will deteriorate image quality as the lens gets too far from the port

Thanks once again for your help. Can you please show me the LD adapter for the rx100? I really dont want to end up buying the wrong thing. So i should get the UWL-H10028LD and use it on both housings? I need to put a LD adapter on the rx100 with the m67 thread?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom