Video Editing Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobe Premier Elements comes with both mac and pc versions. Fairly reasonable price. I recently switched from Pinnacle on the PC to Premier Elements and like it very much.

I use Windows. I used Lightroom to process my short videos during my last dive. It has some limitations: I can get rid of bad videos and remove the beginning and ends of videos, but I can't remove the middle of videos. Then I used Freemake Video Converter to join the segments into one video with fading.

Here's my first attempt:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20238673/14-11-22 Deadman.mp4

For simple video editing in Windows, Movie Maker works. You can insert splits into the video line and then delete those portions you don't like. It is simple and can be downloaded free from the MS website as part of the "Windows Live" suite of programs.

For something useful under $30 Amazon sells prior versions of both Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum or Pinnacle's Studio xx. Check their websites for the latest/greatest versions then buy last years...there won't be much difference and it's 1/3rd of the price.

Either will do everything you want and include hundreds of transitions etc. Sony even bundles Acid music studio in some of their packages.
I use VMSP but the learning curve is easier for Pinnacle Studio.

Since you're familiar with Lightroom, you might go with Premiere Elements.
Or the Adobe Production Suite if money isn't a factor.
Although they're really hype-ing their Cloud platform lately - not much good if you're editing on a boat somewhere...lol.

I second Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. I switched to it from Adobe Premiere/Elements when I went with an AVCHD camcorder and it handled the files FAR better than Adobe Premiere Elements did.

For something useful under $30 Amazon sells prior versions of both Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum or Pinnacle's Studio xx. Check their websites for the latest/greatest versions then buy last years...there won't be much difference and it's 1/3rd of the price.

Either will do everything you want and include hundreds of transitions etc. Sony even bundles Acid music studio in some of their packages.
I use VMSP but the learning curve is easier for Pinnacle Studio.

Since you're familiar with Lightroom, you might go with Premiere Elements.
Or the Adobe Production Suite if money isn't a factor.
Although they're really hype-ing their Cloud platform lately - not much good if you're editing on a boat somewhere...lol.

I really cannot recommmend Pinnacle any longer. I was a big fan until

a) they were bought by Corel.
b) they started the quickie new version cycle with rather high cost to upgrade every few months.

Of the two, reason (a) is why I dumped it off my computer after version 15 (refused to upgrade).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom