Refresher Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am considering conducting a mini-refresher type course for certified cavern divers and above. This course would consist of one or at the most 2 cavern/cave dives and will be video taped

The things I would like to "refresh" divers on would be for
example: Buoyancy and trim, propulsion techniques, Lost off the line, broken line, lost buddy, gas sharing exits, running a temporary guideline, gear onfigurations, jump & gap techniques, complex navigation procedures and pre-dive Safety drills.

This is from an idea that came up during the NACD Annual Seminar Instructors meeting headed up by Larry Green

Those of you that are already certified cavern/cave divers and would like to spend a dive or two going over these procedures should let me know, dates are flexible. I am sure I can get other NACD instructors to volunteer to conduct one of these seminars as well.

If you are an NACD instructor and would like to help with this please add your name to this list.

I will be doing this at Ginnie Springs, in the the ballroom and the Devils' system, there will be a fee in addition to the Ginnie dive fee, a donation of $50 will be accepted for the NACD's Sustaining Contributor Fund

GDI:
If you are an NACD instructor and would like to help with this please add your name to this list.

I too will be available to conduct these refresher courses. Feel free to contact me via PM here or my e-mail: Jim@cavediveflorida.com

i would like to take the refresher course, let me know when and exactly how much so I can empty my piggy bank

madeline:
i would like to take the refresher course, let me know when and exactly how much so I can empty my piggy bank

We are asking for a minimum donation to the NACD of $35/dive. So, your piggy will not get too lean!! As far as when, I have lots of time slots where we can do this either in conjunction with a class, or as a stand alone day.

Let me know when you'd like to do this course & I'll check availability for you.

will be ready to go after I get my March/April schedual. during the week is ok, but my dive buddy can only dive weekends, and would like to do the course with him. and April is the first time he is available, easter is good for him but later in April I can work a week end off is that too far away???

Thats not too far away at all. I think my entire Easter weekend is already booked, and I have bookings all the way into June.

So book as far in advance as you can.

Count me in if your still doing it. "taking note of the november post"

It's been awhile since i've been in a over head enviorment,so sure i'd be willing
to take part.

I can do it anytime during the week or the weekend i just need atlease 8 days notice so i can rearrange my work week.

I know this post is pretty old but this is exactly what I would need to get back in the swing of things. Anything like this going on or would anyone know of someone offering this type of opportunity.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom