Cave Diving with Ralph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crisis_12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from my Basic Cave class with Ralph DiPanfilo. It was a great, albeit, humbling experience.

When I decided to pursue cave training I had several criteria for the instructor. I wanted to select an instructor that was passionate about cave diving, was an ACTIVE cave diver, and someone that had the integrity to fail me if my skills were not what they should be. Moreover, I wanted someone who was sensitive to what I’d be leaving behind if I was less then able or screwed up. With these criteria in mind, I searched the net and spoke to a lot of local cave divers and selected Ralph DiPanfilo.

Soon after meeting Ralph, I realized he met all my criteria. All the positive things I heard about Ralph from past students and other cave divers was true. Ralph is a VERY good instructor. I’d certainly place him on the short list of the best instructors I’ve ever had. He is honest, open and candid in his assessments and provided me with a lot of great feedback. He made sure that I have a clear idea of what I need to work on to develop both as a general diver and successfully grow as a cave diver. Most importantly, he also provided me with all the tools I need to do so safely. I am very satisfied with the training and grateful to Ralph.

I certainly feel choosing Ralph as my instructor was the right decision and would recommend him to anyone. I am equally certain that as I mature as a cave diver and am ready to pursue the apprentice level that I will call on him again. I’d recommend Ralph to anyone interested in cave training.

That being said, damn you Ralph for being so inspiring. I hope your short hairs get stuck in your catheter! I’m already looking at how much OT and Comp time I can work to afford/have the available time to come back and cave dive again. The diving was challenging-to say the least, the scenery breathtaking, and the community of cave divers Ralph introduced me to was awesome. Mr Rennaker at Cave Excursions, Wayne and Bruce at Cave Excursions East, and Cathy at the Dive Outpost give the type of customer service that all shops should aspire to. Their advice was good and their friendliness inspiring. I was very impressed with Cathy who took the time to sit down with my wife over a cup of coffee while she waited for me to get back from Cow. I’m happy to give folks like these my money and support. As with Ralph, I can’t recommend these folks enough.

I’m completely hooked, damn you Ralph!.

Dave Stewart

Dave,

I had three firend who recently trained with Ralph. They learned a lot, had their eyes opened to a whole new way of diving, even just the way you think about diving, and appreciated his teaching style.

Cave diving is really a life-style more than just another type of diving. I hope you find your way back to Fl soon!

Congratulations!

dave, nice post

i think i might have run into you at the Dive Outpost on Sunday. i was sitting there
when Ralph started kidding around with Johnny Richards (the guy with the white hair
and beard).

were you one of the guys that was with Ralph? i was the guy with the goatee
sitting by Johnny.

and Cathy is priceless. she is a jewel.

H2Andy:
dave, nice post

i think i might have run into you at the Dive Outpost on Sunday. i was sitting there
when Ralph started kidding around with Johnny Richards (the guy with the white hair
and beard).

were you one of the guys that was with Ralph? i was the guy with the goatee
sitting by Johnny.

and Cathy is priceless. she is a jewel.

I remember seeing you guys at the table. I was the one with the mustache in the brown shorts....

I read your report about the apprentice course. It sounds like Johnny put on a great course.

Its nice to connect a face to the posts....

Dave

cool!

well, nice to have "met ya"

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom