Gotta love Q.Roo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Finished Full Cave in Tulum.

27 dives in 2 weeks. I'm tired. Most dives were 1 1/2 to 2 hours long. Penetrations of 2200 feet were the norm.

Highlights:

Getting to dive Camillo from Muchachas... not available to most folks.

The hike through the jungle in full gear to Ho Tul. The climb out of Temple of Doom with doubles and an Al80 stage. (Twice in one morning.)

Nohoch Na Chich... what can I say... it's Nohoch!

The halocline at Temple of Doom... especially from team 2 position!

Accident analysis for just about every cave we dove... :shakehead

Post dive cenote floats.

Zama's and Mariacchi's.

And our final exam... the ~3900 foot Calimba - Grande Traverse!

I need a hot bath.

azcaddman:
so, how's the viz at the calimba end?

ever find loha? :)

browse my gallery for photos of places you've been now :)

Still showing the effects of the "cave-in". I thought it was from the crap stirred up in the cenote on entry but Fernando said it has been there since the owner started the excavations.

Are you planning on going up there this trip?

Ya... we got a Loha burger!

I'm definitely gonna hit your gallery, Art.

Sweet that sounds like alot of work. This was a "zero to hero" I take it?

rjack321:
Sweet that sounds like alot of work. This was a "zero to hero" I take it?

No. I don't think so.

We started last fall with cavern. This trip we did Intro the first week with a few dives at that level before we went on to Full. I think we have 36 total training dives with some pretty good bottom time.

It was a solid course from an instructor who isn't afraid to send you home if you're not up to the task. In fact, next month he has a group returning for their third try.

Stephen Ash:
Still showing the effects of the "cave-in". I thought it was from the crap stirred up in the cenote on entry but Fernando said it has been there since the owner started the excavations.

Are you planning on going up there this trip?

Ya... we got a Loha burger!

I'm definitely gonna hit your gallery, Art.

the last 2 trips are organized by system, and have maps of the route(s) we took

We might have to do a trip up there now, we havn't made a definate plans of what caves we'll dive what day (other than starting with a warmup or 2 in upstream carwash)

did he take you to dreamland in upstream carwash?

azcaddman:
the last 2 trips are organized by system, and have maps of the route(s) we took

We might have to do a trip up there now, we havn't made a definate plans of what caves we'll dive what day (other than starting with a warmup or 2 in upstream carwash)

did he take you to dreamland in upstream carwash?

Didn't make it to Dreamland. We did a lot of dives there at Intro level but didn't go back once we started Full.

Can't find your maps with your routes.

KazInAz:
Next time use the rope in Temple of Doom to haul up the stage....!

Congrats Steve!

We used the rope to drop the stages but on the way up some of us cheated and passed off the stages to Felipe.

We did use the rope at Nohoch!

Thanks for the congrats. Fernando did an excellent job. We couldn't be more pleased with how thorough he was. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great instructor. His 25 years in Tulum is a nice plus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom