Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two and a half days is not enough!

Assimilated Medical Mod

Currently broken

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Blog Entries

Two and a half days is not enough!

Well, Peter and I just got home from our whirlwind trip through cave country.

Our sincere thanks to Dive-aholic and his wife, for arranging tanks, playing guides, and putting us up. There's no way we could have enjoyed the trip anywhere near as much if we had been on our own.

Thank you to Perrone Ford and Vayu for showing up and playing with us in the Ballroom on Saturday, and I hope they enjoyed the comic relief of watching my first attempts to run line in flow. It was also good to meet chickdiver and Benthic, even if we didn't get to dive together. And it was great to meet One Bright Gator and his dive buddy, and I hope someday I can show the same grace and poise on deco in the Eye that Ben does

Thanks to Edd at Cave Adventures for providing the tanks, and for having such great prices that we came home with a bunch more dive gear than we left with! And thanks to GDI for writing to Ginnie Springs with the TDI standards, to support our bid to dive there in doubles. And many thanks to Larry Green, who I don't think posts here, for solving the problem when the guard and office said they hadn't gotten Rick's message.

Now I just want to know if anybody has an estimate for how long it will take before I have skin on my fingers again . . .

We WILL be back. Peter's, if anything, more hooked than I am now -- Jackson Blue did that to him.

I have the three days of diving written up in excruciating detail here, here and here.
    "If something goes tits up, don't count on rising to the occasion. You will fall to what you have truly mastered." (PfcAJ)
    My dive journal can be read here, and a current dive blog HERE
    Okay, you've heard all our opinions. Want to know what the science is? http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/
    www.divematrix.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    Thank you for the report Lynne!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I really enjoyed reading your reports.

I've been having login issues over at the other site. But oh well

GDI
    Artificer of Havoc & Kaos

Active

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Ah Yes I just love reading these stories. Lynne Thank You and now permit me this moment of synical appreciation typical of a devient cave instructors

Merry Christmas Sorry I was not there
    Arguing with an Army grunt is like wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig loves it!. I KNOW I"M A HARD ASS
    www.genesisdiving.com www.aquaticadventuresofflorida.com www.zeagleexpress.com
    PADI, SDI, TDI, NACD

MBH
    Deep South DIR

had to pay $50 and pick up
    the garbage.

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Those are three absolutely great write ups! I'm so glad you had fun!
    I Have jet flippers

Registered

thinks LiteHedded has a pretty
    mouth

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Great reads on all three reports! Glad you guys enjoyed the FL caves as much as the rest of us. Hopefully, next time my schedule will jive and I'll be able to join in on the fun.

I'll stick Ginnie back on my list of sites, thanks for taking care of that TDI Intro Doubles thing for me! LOL
    The best springs in life are free.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    I was Ben's buddy on Sunday--It was nice to meet you too and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to cave country

Scuba Instructor

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Lynne:

Great report! Glad you enjoyed the caves we have to offer here in Florida. Sorry I couldn't join you.

Doug

IANTD and TDI CCR Trimix Instructor
    Florida Sales Agent, Kiss Rebreathers

www.debersole.com

ScubaBoard Veteran

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    Doug, you have to come up next time! Get all of us in the water. Maybe for a good run through Peacock 1. Maybe get a short circuit done if Lynn and Peter have upgraded their certs by then.
    Gear questions answered Here

Why DIR? Because pushing rocks uphill gets old quickly.

Resistance is futile...

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by PerroneFord View Post
    Doug, you have to come up next time! Get all of us in the water. Maybe for a good run through Peacock 1. Maybe get a short circuit done if Lynn and Peter have upgraded their certs by then.
    Perrone are you a full cave diver now? Congrats
    www.cavetek.com
    IANTD Cave Instructor
    IANTD Trimix Instructor

ScubaBoard Veteran

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Caver95 View Post
    Perrone are you a full cave diver now? Congrats
    Nope, but probably will be by the time they get back. Based on my dives this past weekend, I should sell all my gear though!
    Gear questions answered Here

Why DIR? Because pushing rocks uphill gets old quickly.

Resistance is futile...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast