Cave Diving Courses in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigblue_hi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm interested in training to the level of Cavern/Basic Cave Diver in Hawaii along the lines of NACD/NSS-CDS standards. I know this is pretty far from a cave mecca, but I was hoping there might be someone here that does this. We do have some basic caves/lava tubes after all so it's not like there is nowhere at all to practice.

I'm aware of PADI Cavern courses available here but am 100% not interested in them. If there are other agencies available here such as TDI and they are considered worthwhile then I'm interested as well. I know it's more about the instructor than the course after all; but I have little faith in an agency like PADI for this sort of thing.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it. I'm on Oahu but am willing to travel to neighbour islands to do this. I'm aware Jim Holt of Konaquatica did IANTD courses but he informed he's recently closed shop.

thanks
- bri

You will have to travel away from Hawaii for a course. There are no NACD, NSS-CDS, IANTD, or TDI cavern or cave instructors anywhere in Hawaii according to all of those websites. Jim Holt is not even listed on the IANTD website under the instructor listings.

It's great to know. I want to say that scuba diving in Hawaii does have some dive dangers that you should be aware of. Going into the caves are simple. We don't need special lights, lines or extra air tanks for cave diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom