Guide Next Week in High Springs? [Cavern Photography]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to do some dives next week with someone who knows the area, and take photos of Cavern entrances only. I do not want to do significant penetration, I want to take photos of light filtering in through the opening, and possibly pics of you ascending/descending.

I would like these to be with available light, no strobes, I really don't need to be far inside.

I am a NSS-CDS certified cavern diver, my current camera gear is small and streamlined (no huge dslr housing) and has been on 120+ dives with me. (~120 OW, ~4 Cavern)

If your idea of fun is hitting up a few different spots in a day (being in the water a short time, etc), having your picture taken, and making a few bucks on the side, PM me.

A dive buddy had mentioned Troy and Jug to me, but I am open to feedback. I was thinking during the week to be able to get photos with no bubbles.

Thanks,

If I didn't have to go back to work on Thursday (boo! hiss!) I would have been more than happy to help you out..

Troy tends to be very green these days, which gives photos a pretty emerald hue. IMHO, Jug is a very pretty cavern, this photo by John Moran was shot in Jug Hole back in 1995 or 1996 (the diver is an old friend of mine named Dennis).

Embraced%20by%20the%20Light%20-%20Ichetucknee%20Springs.jpg

You should also go check out Orange Grove and Peacock. Those are both pretty caverns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom