Headed to Kansas City, MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend
[h=1]soltari675[/h]lives and dives in MO. Look her up and send her a PM. She dives every week and is very knowledgeable of the area.

Caves? No.

Wrong geology. The only cave (Oronogo Quarry) closed last year or the year before. There are some lakes about three hours south of KC; and the tourist trap of a mine over by St. Louis. Most local shops go down to Beaver Lake or Bull Shoals. You can go there and pretend to be in a cave with the low viz...

Not even a mine (excluding the "tourist trap" :) )? I know of at least a couple in Wisconsin where full cave cert training is provided; Wisconsin and "cave diving" are usually no uttered in the same sentence.

Caves? No.

Wrong geology. The only cave (Oronogo Quarry) closed last year or the year before. There are some lakes about three hours south of KC; and the tourist trap of a mine over by St. Louis. Most local shops go down to Beaver Lake or Bull Shoals. You can go there and pretend to be in a cave with the low viz...

I don't think so. Oronogo was closed up; so that took that away.

Maybe it's changed in the last two years.

Rpubidoux, Cannonball, and Mine LaMotte aka The Offsets. November thru January you can also dive the cavern/cave at Bennett Springs Trout Park.

Thanks all! Over in Kansas instead of MO, but thanks for the info!
The security at the border crossing is a bitch...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom