An afternoon to remember

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After 3 days of CCR Cave course & 5 days of diving for enjoyment, as we were getting gas fills before we leave for home this weekend, a friend that I have been helping, as I can, with his cave diving gave me a very special gift. The book "Caverns Measureless to Man" was signed by many of the pioneers of modern cave diving, my instructor, another friend I have helped out & this particular friend. I was completely clueless, floored, speechless, honored & humbled (& a little teary eyed:D). "Wow" was about all I could say, but certainly didn't convey my thoughts.... I was completely overwhelmed..... :shocked2: What an awesome way to end a fantastic trip!

Book2.jpgbook.jpgbook1.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very cool and very thoughtful gift.

That was a very thoughtful memento of a milestone in your life, cherish and protect it as a family heirloom.

You have certainly progressed in your quest for knowledge and experience in the underwater world. I congratulate you and look foreword to some day meeting in person

May I suggest that you might enjoy the premier rare French cave diving book "Toute la Speleologie" by Guy de Lavaur.

It was reprinted by Crown books in English in 1958 as Caves and cave diving. (LCCC 58-12871.)
On occasion both editions appear on the international book market.

I suspect either edition would enhance your library as they have mine.

<< FYI a brief description of my personal diving library is posted in the Advanced diver thread - might want to peruse it before I delete it>>

SDM

That is an amazing gift.

....we're used to writing on wet notes !!!.....pen and paper are foreign to us !!!!

ftfy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom