Opinions on what to ask for Original Style Long/Short Tube combo Gavin DPV & 104 set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INVISIBLE CAVER

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers guys.
I'm looking to sell one of my Double Steel sets- A classic style 104's with wide bands and Halcyon Isolation Manifold.
I think I sold the last set for around $550, but that was several years back. Looking to find what a fair price to ask should be.
Likely out of its first or second hydro.
Also finally decided to part with my Gavin DPV Long Tube with extra White Short Tube.
Been a few years since I have used the Gavin. Has 25-35 dives on it.
With charger. Just need a value of what is fair to ask as there have been some changes in scooters in the past few years,
and I dont have a clue what a fiar price would be.

thanks for the input.
Rob.

400-600 is the range on those I see depending on condition, age, etc. I've paid closer to the 4-450 for the 4 sets of doubles I've purchased in the last year or so, but I tend to wait for the better deals.
I've got no clue on the scooter.

Also finally decided to part with my Gavin DPV Long Tube with extra White Short Tube.
Been a few years since I have used the Gavin. Has 25-35 dives on it.
With charger. Just need a value of what is fair to ask as there have been some changes in scooters in the past few years,
and I dont have a clue what a fiar price would be.

thanks for the input.
Rob.
Be prepared to be disappointed because with the higher tech scooters on the market,these aren't fetching a lot of money. I have seen the short tube go from $750 to $1300,and you can add a little bit more for the long tube attachment. I have seen numerous SLA scooters go for sale on Cave Divers Forum and that would give you an idea of the market.

I paid 500 for my doubles last Christmas with fresh hydro, VIP, and a full fill. Same LP104s with wide band and H manifold. It was a fair price then. But i couldn't see paying mich more...

I'll give you like $600 for all of it, right now.

Jokes aside, $500-$550 in hydro and in VIP is what LP104s are going for...including nice bands and Halcyon manifold (I recently picked up a set and have been pricing out others). With a cheaper manifold and smaller (2") bands, they go for as low as $400 out of hydro.

The scooter is probably in the $1k range, maybe a little more with good batteries. UV18/UV26s go for like $1800-$2000 near caves, and are newer tech (single-handle, tow-behind, etc). Your extra tube would bring the value up a little bit as well.

Having said all of that, the region of the country you're in matters.....or WHAT country you're in. Also, especially with "Cave" in your name.....dropping off at a cave shop would add value as well.

But remember, I'll pay like $600 RIGHT NOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom