Eagle's Nest Abyss Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eagle's Nest downstream 1.12.15 on Vimeo

I had the opportunity to go to the Abyss Room in Eagle's Nest with Andy Pitkin and Brett Hemphill of KUR. Vis wasn't great (so I'm told, looked ok to me!), but the dive was bad ass!

Enjoy :)

Nice video. Brett is right Eagles Nest really hasn't looked that great in years. People get excited about 50ft, yet I remember 100+ being pretty standard.

Curious, and off subject,what contingency plan do you guys use for an OOA scenario with semiclosed rebreather and back gas, and CCR and sidemount bailout?

Kudos to you guys getting off the trigger in the small areas, all too often people stay on the trigger everywhere,and this tears up the caves

I've got a long hose attached to my right post. Come off the loop, donate, back on the loop. It's surprisingly fast, but it sounds like baloney.

The neat thing about oog with a rb is that it's something you see coming. Everyone has BOVs and a ton of OC bailout on them. For someone to be oog it's not going to be a surprise.

there would have to be a lot of failures for any of those guys to need to go to someone else for gas.
the rb is great in that it makes you pretty self sufficient

I can see a need for immediate donation to a diver who switches to a dead reg and has a brain fart moment or bad gas. For failures though, its usually not a surprise.

That's an amazing, huge space underground!

All I could think of, as I watched the video though, was how long did you have to sit and stare in to Brian's eyes to pay the deco obligation for all that time at depth :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom