Bahamas cave diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey does anyone have a link for a good guide book or website covering the different systems?

Thanks
eric

I'm diving with Brian in Abaco next week. I'll ask him if there are any good references.

I'm diving with Brian in Abaco next week. I'll ask him if there are any good references.

Thanks a lot. Even if I went with a guide I wouldn't mind reading about it first. I would love to get more insight how the logistics of diving and access down there are as well.

appreciate it

Well, it was a terrific dive trip to Abaco. Got back last night. Here is a pix of Brian (left) and my cave buddy getting ready for a double-stage dive to Wrigley Field, past Fangorn Forest, in Dan's Cave.
Brian and Bruce at Dan's Cave.jpg
Brian says there are not really any good references....the first and oldest (by Rob Palmer) is out of print and out of date; may be available used at The Blue Holes of the Bahamas: Robert. Palmer: 9780224023115: Amazon.com: Books. He has been producing some material himself, but not for wide distribution because he is trying to get the entire southern part of Abaco designated as a National Park and thus highly protected. There is NO cave diving without a formal guide, and he is the best, plain and simple.

Well, it was a terrific dive trip to Abaco. Got back last night. Here is a pix of Brian (left) and my cave buddy getting ready for a double-stage dive to Wrigley Field, past Fangorn Forest, in Dan's Cave.
View attachment 205457
Brian says there are not really any good references....the first and oldest (by Rob Palmer) is out of print and out of date; may be available used at The Blue Holes of the Bahamas: Robert. Palmer: 9780224023115: Amazon.com: Books. He has been producing some material himself, but not for wide distribution because he is trying to get the entire southern part of Abaco designated as a National Park and thus highly protected. There is NO cave diving without a formal guide, and he is the best, plain and simple.

That cave is by far the most stunning diving I have ever done. Brian is a great guide, and every cave diver needs to put that on a bucket list.

I've done a little bit of cave diving in Great Exuma, notably Angelfish Blue Hole and Mystery Cave. They're interesting, but everyone tells me the Abacos is where the action is.

There's some stuff on Andros as well

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom