NACD Resignation Controversy: Split from Etiquette thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious Rick, with all the talk going on here, has anyone brought up instructor standards violations to the NACD board in the last few weeks?

Rick I know you have your hands full with loss of half your board,but you have some great intentions. Who will become the NACD training director?

Just curious Rick, with all the talk going on here, has anyone brought up instructor standards violations to the NACD board in the last few weeks?

ucfdiver it appears you are fishing in the way you ask this?

Yes we have discussed instructor standards violations. An investigation is being conducted and is still in process. An instructor has rights as part of our QA procedures, one of which is a QA hearing for the instructor to present their side of the issue. Until the time of the hearing a pending status may be applied. Suspension or Probation is normal, to be expelled is possible. I will ensure and protect the rights of that instructor and respect the procedure and process that must be followed. Such investigations are conducted by the training committee.

Rick I know you have your hands full with loss of half your board,but you have some great intentions. Who will become the NACD training director?

As for filling any BoD position(s) I am reviewing possible options. Note: At anytime if a NACD member having the required qualifications wishes to apply for a empty BoD position I would always take it into consideration. That individual may be local but most certainly I invite international members to participate. The NACD is a international organization and through my own personal experience a international BoD member is quite feasible and possible.

No Training Director has been selected yet, this is a position I will select with discernment, the NACD's best interests and long term plans must be part of the consideration NACD Operations will be sustained until that time with a interim solution.

I'm sure if you had a "Judge, Jury and Executioner" position on the BOD, half the people in this thread would be applying for it. Was that too snarky?

Reactions: RJP
might have been, but like I just posted on the CDF, both the way these positions are filled as well as the people that fill them will either toll the bells for the NACD or push it towards revival... I know Rick has taken more active efforts than anyone in years past to bring the NACD back with this thread especially, but his decisions over the next few months will likely decide the fate of the organization. I know many of us have left the NACD due to the crap that's gone on and while I think everyone would like to come back, we need a good reason to, Rick has that power, we'll see how he uses it...

ucfdiver it appears you are fishing in the way you ask this?

Yes we have discussed instructor standards violations. An investigation is being conducted and is still in process. An instructor has rights as part of our QA procedures, one of which is a QA hearing for the instructor to present their side of the issue. Until the time of the hearing a pending status may be applied. Suspension or Probation is normal, to be expelled is possible. I will ensure and protect the rights of that instructor and respect the procedure and process that must be followed. Such investigations are conducted by the training committee.
Yes Rick, I will admit I was fishing. I was really curious if anyone who resigned, did so after being accused of training violations.

one of them was not an instructor, one was training director, and one was former president. You do the math on the second two as those are the important ones to this discussion. The first is a real shame because MAG was one of the best things to happen to the organization in recent times.

I'm sure if you had a "Judge, Jury and Executioner" position on the BOD, half the people in this thread would be applying for it. Was that too snarky?

Yeah just a bit

---------- Post added April 13th, 2015 at 03:22 PM ----------

Yes Rick, I will admit I was fishing. I was really curious if anyone who resigned, did so after being accused of training violations.

I thought so and I would have to say NO

one of them was not an instructor, one was training director, and one was former president. You do the math on the second two as those are the important ones to this discussion. The first is a real shame because MAG was one of the best things to happen to the organization in recent times.

I respect each of the individuals, they each had their reasons and it was nothing more then that

No one was/is accusing you of having anything to do with it Rick, but you can draw conclusions on why someone who has been so passionate about being the TD just resigned seemingly out of the blue, combined with the former President, both of whom had just accepted new positions on the board a few months ago. That doesn't "just happen" it is with reason, you know what those reasons are obviously and likely won't be sharing them which is fine, it is something that very much seems like "you have the opportunity to resign before sh!t hits the fan, or you can ride it out and take the public sh!tshow that will ensue.

No one was/is accusing you of having anything to do with it Rick, but you can draw conclusions on why someone who has been so passionate about being the TD just resigned seemingly out of the blue, combined with the former President, both of whom had just accepted new positions on the board a few months ago. That doesn't "just happen" it is with reason, you know what those reasons are obviously and likely won't be sharing them which is fine, it is something that very much seems like "you have the opportunity to resign before sh!t hits the fan, or you can ride it out and take the public sh!tshow that will ensue.

No worries, I personally don't feel accused of anything especially since I'm just trying to do what is right for the membership and the organization. To draw conclusions without the information is what often leads to the cave country BS.

Did it cross anyone's mind that these individuals after years of service, simply just had enough or perhaps other things are happening in their lives right now that they need to focus on? Sure the timing doesn't look good but lets not make anything or more out of it then it is. In fact why don't you thank them for their service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom