NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
News Release, NACD Instructor Standards Violation.

Attachments

• news release (1).pdf
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,136
Wow!!

In wreck diving, we just don't talk to each other when we get our panties in a bunch.

Wow!!

In wreck diving, we just don't talk to each other when we get our panties in a bunch.

And that achieves what exactly? I live on the other side of the pond and have no interest in these matters. However it is encouraging to see that the organization is taking training standard seriously and are willing to take the necessary steps in bettering the community.

Around here we also don't talk to each other and the conflict between parties only escalate while diving standard keep plummeting. The diving industry is in serious trouble due to global financial constraints and those left are a trying to survive by trying to make a quick few bucks. The standard of instructors are pathetic, this is a blanket statement and my apologies to all the great instructors out there.

During my cave training the instructor signed-off on students that can't even reach their valves (BM), did not have the proper fin techniques, seriously struggled with linework and could not perform no-mask OOA swims to name a few. Yet they are certified as cave divers.

Diving standards across the globe in general are in dire straits and needs to get fixed. Nice to see some communities trying at least.

News Release, NACD Instructor Standards Violation.

Rick where I appreciate the NACD desire to use social media more, but as a member can we request that items like this appear on your web site. #1 accounts can be hacked,and info posted on your behalf #2 and FWIW you may get some negative feedback from members that don't use social media that an announcement of this importance wasn't made available to them via the NACD web site. Only mention this because I hate to see any negative comments of any of the agencies, when I think their great job is lost is the signal to noise ratio of the forums.

Rick where I appreciate the NACD desire to use social media more, but as a member can we request that items like this appear on your web site. #1 accounts can be hacked,and info posted on your behalf #2 and FWIW you may get some negative feedback from members that don't use social media that an announcement of this importance wasn't made available to them via the NACD web site. Only mention this because I hate to see any negative comments of any of the agencies, when I think their great job is lost is the signal to noise ratio of the forums.

The only reason it isn't there YET is because the website was/is controlled by other people. I am working on getting it posted there as well, The website and the member's forum are the first location these sort of things should be posted. The member's forum has this already.

And that achieves what exactly? I live on the other side of the pond and have no interest in these matters. However it is encouraging to see that the organization is taking training standard seriously and are willing to take the necessary steps in bettering the community.

Around here we also don't talk to each other and the conflict between parties only escalate while diving standard keep plummeting. The diving industry is in serious trouble due to global financial constraints and those left are a trying to survive by trying to make a quick few bucks. The standard of instructors are pathetic, this is a blanket statement and my apologies to all the great instructors out there.

During my cave training the instructor signed-off on students that can't even reach their valves (BM), did not have the proper fin techniques, seriously struggled with linework and could not perform no-mask OOA swims to name a few. Yet they are certified as cave divers.

Diving standards across the globe in general are in dire straits and needs to get fixed. Nice to see some communities trying at least.

The caving community, and Florida in particular, is chock a block full of political upheaval and back biting and finger pointing and one guy making and positing videos online just to embarrass another guy who happens to be an a$$, but you find that in every walk of life.

I have no beef with someone investigating a standards violation. My comment was more directed to the Florida caving community sometimes acting like a bunch of secondary school pansies when they don't get their way, or they get insulted, or the butthurt starts to flow.

In wreck diving, which is arguably as dangerous and technical, we don't get as wrapped around the axle about who insulted who, and which certification agency is better, and which training director has a beef with which other former training director. Sure there are tiffs, but they blow over or they don't.

You want to raise the standards of instruction? Stop making every warm body an instructor. But that isn't in the best interests of the publishing houses disguised as training agencies.

So, Larry wants to be TD again?

Yea that's what I take away from all this too- making the NACD turn back the clock is not a good idea... Hope they don't do it.

Bye bye sidemount and rebreather - back to the old issues....

If more dirty laundry was publicly aired instead of hidden it might get cleaned. Not just in the cave community but in the dive industry in general. You can't fix what you refuse to admit exists.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom