Cave Diving Story - British documentary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redshift thank you for posting this.

I enjoyed every bit of the first video & was on the edge of my chair waiting to hear what happened to Gordon Marriot.

Pioneers and the risks they take still amaze me. I'm looking forward to the others. By the way they did a great job making this documentary.

It was quite impressive what they managed to do with that limited equipment, often developed by themselves. If we compare that to what we have now... wow. And we have to thank them for having identified many of the risks in cave diving, at the cost of their own lives.
Also reminded me of the book "The Cave Divers", from Robert Burgess, where he has similar descriptions of early explorations.

I was a Swildon's Hole once and did, I think, 3 sumps breath-holding. I wasn't even expecting that when I went "dry caving"! Cavers are crazy!

It was quite impressive what they managed to do with that limited equipment, often developed by themselves. If we compare that to what we have now... wow. And we have to thank them for having identified many of the risks in cave diving, at the cost of their own lives.
Also reminded me of the book "The Cave Divers", from Robert Burgess, where he has similar descriptions of early explorations.

I was a Swildon's Hole once and did, I think, 3 sumps breath-holding. I wasn't even expecting that when I went "dry caving"! Cavers are crazy!

Yes it was very impressive. The cold water, poor lighting, crude equipment and other risks were quite the challenge and it didn't even deter those people. Again, thanks for sharing these links with all of us!

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2015 at 06:26 PM ----------

Just finished chapter 2- OMG!

I cant even imagine trying to do what those what those guys did.

I got the hebegeebee's just watching this. That panic scene where he got stuck underwater freaked me out for sure.

The dead man's hand shake. Fortunately he survived!

The dead man's hand shake. Fortunately he survived!

Redshift I apologize for "kind of hijacking your thread" by posting this, but I think you and others will appreciate this. This is near my region of the world in the Bahamas.

About 12 minutes into this video is a very shocking sight. But it gets even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E91O_fN4Mpo

Hope you and others enjoy.

Last edited:
Very interesting

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom