Caverns, Caves and Exploration - Another fantastic trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gearhound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As usual, we had another fantastic time. A group of nine this go around. Some stayed in the caverns, some cave, and a few of us went and did some real exploration. I cannot say enough about how Kim Davidsson and the crew at ProtecTulum accommodated us. Everyone felt challenged and left with a sense of satisfaction of achieving their goals...which says a lot considering the differences in levels of each of the divers. Protec arranged for some out of the way Cenotes for the cavern divers, gave lots of bottom time and logistics for the videographers (Kim even lent us his truck and Rosso when he saw that the cavern divers only had a small car). Everyone got to dive some caves that they haven't before. And the highlight for me, was Kim taking us out into the jungle to hunt for new cave.

I found out on this trip what's meant by "exploration fever". I'm laying line in virgin passage, solo, with tons of percolation falling down on me, gremlins going off in my head, and all I'm thinking about is how I have to empty this reel and survey everything accurately. It was such a rush!

Anyway, it's a little long, but I hope that you enjoy it.
https://vimeo.com/130268298

I can't wait to go back to dive the cenotes.

Great video throughout, especially through the tight sections in the cave portions.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom