Cayman Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Great way to spend a week in the Cayman Islands. The Aggressor trip was the best money I ever spent in Cayman. Twentyeight dives in five and a half days. All of them great!The food was marvelous and plentiful! The bot was spotless and roomy. The crew was professional and down to earth. A great bunch of guys! We saw sharks, carribean and nurse, eels, two kinds of turtles, two kinds of lobsters, octopuss, etc. etc. etc. Great diving. I'd do it again.
I've dove in Cayman a few times before. This was much better. No hassles with gear or transportation or the exchange rate. The visibility wasn't up to Cayman standards but it was still great. The Russian warship was quite an experience. Everyone that dives should dive on a liveabord.

I read in Undercurrent's most recent Chapbook that the Agressor's staff gave a cold shoulder to guests after they were tipped on the last day. Seems like I remember something about the captain insisting the thermostat stay at 65 too! Brrrr!

What would you expect to pay for a week, and what are the tipping guidelines? I've never tried livaboard, but I love to sail and dive--perfect idea.

Scubashark,
The price of an Aggerssor trip varies from $1695 to $2595 depending on location. I believe that is correct but check their website. It sounds like big bucks but it isn't when you figure out exactly what you get. As far as tipping goes ten percent of trip price is recommended. I didn't give quite that much. But the service was excellent. The entire crew were friendly and helpful the whole time. If you wanted help you got it. If you wanted to do your own thing they didn't bother you. It seemed to me that the further along the week went the better the crew got. Check them out.
Scubajoe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom