Open water referrals on Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_patts

Reaction score
I have been certified for awhile now, but my family is just catching up. We are planning a trip to Grand Cayman next year and I was hoping to get some referrals for a good Dive shop or instructor on the island that they could do their open water dives with.

We haven't planned a hotel yet so there are no restrictions on the location.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

This might be a little out in left field but Divers Supply is planning a trip to Cayman Brac for the week of May 19ish (2007). On this trip will be dive instructors who will be able to complete openwater certifications or do other certifications. The cost is estimated at ~$1800 USD ALL INCLUSIVE (air, board, lunch and dinner, diving, etc). If you or anyone is interested let us know...

Charley
www.divers-supply.com
1-800-999-3483 x 3

Most of the diveshops/diveboats will pick you up just about anywhere along Seven Mile Beach. If you want more of a dive resort, look at either Sunset House to the South or Divetech/Cobalt Coast to the North. Staying at Divetech would necessitate having a car as would anything on the East End - Ocean Frontiers, Compass Point, Morritts etc. Sunset House is a short walk from Georgetown.

Absolute Divers
WalltoWall Diving
Neptune's Divers

are all generally highly recommended here. And cater to small groups and families.

sjspeck:
Most of the diveshops/diveboats will pick you up just about anywhere along Seven Mile Beach. If you want more of a dive resort, look at either Sunset House to the South or Divetech/Cobalt Coast to the North. Staying at Divetech would necessitate having a car as would anything on the East End - Ocean Frontiers, Compass Point, Morritts etc. Sunset House is a short walk from Georgetown.

Absolute Divers
WalltoWall Diving
Neptune's Divers

are all generally highly recommended here. And cater to small groups and families.
Sunset House or Cobalt Coast would both be good options because they offer shallower shore diving for the newer divers of the group. As they complete their certs and get more comfortable boat trips are available. Ocean Frontiers is an oustanding operation as well but they are on the less populated East End of the Island. Many folks consider this a plus, some a minus, personally they are one of my favorites. The only down side is that they do not have any shore diving. If the group has diverse interests and the rest of the family isn't as excited about catching up as fast as some might prefer then Sunset House might be the best option. The others are well away from Georgetown with little to do other than dive. That would be a plus in my mind!

I did my open water with Divetech. The intsructors are wonderful with newbies. I had a 100% FEAR of deep water, the divetech staff was wonderful with me, and by the end of the open water lesson my fears were 10%. The Cobalt Coast resort is on site with Divetech. Divetech has 2 locations to dive from,Cobalt and Turtle reef. Check out thier websit, WWW.divetech.com Have fun TurtleGal

I dove with Dive N' Stuff two weeks ago. Small operation run by two great guys/divers, Paul and Jerry. Give them a call or e-mail. You won't regret the decision

Although I was already certified when my partner and I went to Grand Cayman last spring, he was doing his OWC there. I did a bunch of research and found that Divetech seemed to come out on top for our needs. Since there was two of us, while he was doing his dives, they provided me with a wonderful guide and we did shore dives in the same area (if Zelda is still around - she's great :)) The staff was wonderful, and it turned out to be less expensive than many of the other places too. We were staying at the Comfort Suites on 7 Mile (an excellent place) and Divetech picked us up and brought us home each day.

Once my partner was certified, Nancy also helped us book some additional dives and the dive master gave us special attention knowing that my partner had just certified. Which helped a lot. Book your Sting Ray City vist early! :)

I like Sunset House. As a matter of fact I will be there in a couple of weeks.

I had a great experience at Cobalt Coast Resort and Divetech. The shop is right on sight and shore diving is included in any boat diving package. I'm not sure what their course structure is but Nancy or Jay would be happy to answer your questions. I will definitely dive again with them in the future.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom