Grand Cayman - how about East End restaurants???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeWDiver

Reaction score
Drew Sailbum or any one else. What are some good places to eat on the East End of Grand Cayman. Both really nice (high end) and more reasonably priced selections would be appreciated.:D

Crow's Nest is my favorite.

DeWDiver once bubbled...
Drew Sailbum or any one else. What are some good places to eat on the East End of Grand Cayman. Both really nice (high end) and more reasonably priced selections would be appreciated.:D

Cayman Dive Lodge had good food, but I don't know if it's available to people not staying or diving with them. I did several dives with them, AM & PM, by commuting from the West side of the island. If I did an AM dive, I was encouraged to stay for Lunch. If I arrived early for the PM dive, I was again encouraged to join them for lunch.

cwb once bubbled...

Cayman Dive Lodge
Did this place used to be called East End Dive Lodge? If so, when did it change hands or name?

East End offers a few choices. In no particular order I'll throw out what I can think.

Portofino in East End- Italian and (with 24 hr notice) Indian. This is operated by the same folks that run Bella Capri and Gateway to India in Seven Mile Beach. It overlooks the area where the Wreck of the Ten Sails went down years ago. Moderate to expensive prices.

The Lighthouse in Breakers - Italian and Caribbean fare. Nice deck out over the water. Moderate prices on lunch. Pricey for dinner. They have started a reasonable Sunday lunch for about $15CI.

Over the Edge in Northside - Caribbean casual. Great place to take in a sunset. Sit on the deck out over the water. This is a popular hangout for some of the dive shops. Cheap to moderate prices.

The Edge in Bodden Town - ditto as above for OTE Owned and operated by the same people.

Reef Point in Breakers - cheap locals bar. Serious dominos action.

Vivine's Kitchen in Gun Bay - cheap locals fare

Nicho Norte in Old Man Bay - locals bar with a small attached liquor store

Driftwood in Rum Point - sports bar with the best pool table this end of the island. They put on a good Sunday afternoon bbq

Kaibo Yacht Club - bar and grill for reasonalbe sandwich fare during the day. Upstairs is Cecil's for more upscale dining at night. That reminds me that I have a gift certificate that I need to use there.

The restaurant at Rum Point - cheap beach bar fare. Great place to grab a hammock for the afternoon.

David's at Morritt's Tortuga Club - moderate price with some gems on the menu. Since I work at Morritt's I eat there way too much.

The Royal Reef - rumor says they just got in a new chef. Don't know much about their menu.

The jerk chicken man - A MUST!!! He has a regular nightly roadside grill on the east edge of Bodden Town, and serves the best jerk on the island. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Dinner only, no lunch.

Enjoy your stay

Gedunk,
When I dove with Cayman Diving Lodge in 1983 that was the name back then. I have heard it called Dive Lodge in the past in conversation with folks.

Drew Sailbum once bubbled...

The jerk chicken man - A MUST!!! He has a regular nightly roadside grill on the east edge of Bodden Town, and serves the best jerk on the island. Cheap, cheap, cheap! Dinner only, no lunch.

Drew,
Did he get his license to operate and is he back in business?
thanks TedJ

Lorna Woods did get the proper licenses worked out and is back in business. The jerk stand is on the eastern end of Bodden Town.

Points of note:
The Edge restaurant in Bodden Town has closed. Looks like the property is undergoing a refurbishment and rumor has it that a new restaurant may go in there.

The Crows Nest is an island favorite, but it is nowhere near the East End.

Sorry to hear about The Edge. I was just going through some old records from my first stay on GC in the Beach Bay condos in 1993 and I came across a credit card bill from The Edge. Great memory.

Glad to hear the jerk stand is back in business tho. We've always enjoyed it. We usually stop by there or Chicken Chicken on our way back to Indies Suites from the East End diving.

Thanks for the update.
TedJ

Back
Top Bottom