Good Times @ Divi Tiara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oupeeler22

Reaction score
My friends and I stayed at Divi Tiara Beach Resort at Cayman Brac in August and I am glad to report we had an awesome time. I owe that to good company(my friends and the other guest) and the staff at Divi Tiara. The food was scrumptious and plentiful. All three meals were served buffet style consisting of soup, sandwiches, salads, fish, steak, shrimp, lobster,etc (my mouth waters just typing this). Thanks to the staff I never missed a meal as one night we had not shown up to eat and it was past closing so they checked with us before closing down. I did not spend a lot of time in my room but none of us had any problem with our rooms or the housekeeping staff. My dive buddy and I are totally hooked on Divi's "valet style" of diving. For us nothing was better than walking the few steps to the dock,grab your wetsuit, step on board, enjoy the short ride, have the crew hook you up and off you go. Of course before your giant step, the dive crew gives a great description of what lays below, so I never had a problem finding our way back to the boat. Thanks to the dive crew I saw my first seahorse (awesome), but then every day of diving was magical. Lots to see on this trip but not enough days for me. During our stay the dive boats were full but not what I would call overcrowded, everyone on board was given plenty of time and attention by the staff. When returning from the dive you only had to rinse your wetsuit and hang back up. The crew takes care of everything else. No worries, just dive and soak up the sun. On Monday night Max has a welcome "rum punch" at the bar and he makes a point to visit with all who show up. What I observed was throughout our stay, Max was always visiting with the guest making sure everything was going okay, if there was anything else they needed. To end the week he does a great slide show presentation of our week stay at the resort. Great pictures by Divi Photo staff. Max, Liz and all the staff made for a great dive trip that my friends I will make again in August. I might even have to take a photo class this time

oupeeler22, You may actually be a user posting a sincere review of a place that you enjoyed. You should note, however, that when members of this board see a first post of this nature from a brand new user, we assume that the user is a shill who has logged on and posted a glowing review as a form of free advertisment. We are much more trusting of reviews when they are posted by people sho make regular contributions to the board.

Have a nice day.

how nice of you to encourage the new people.

comments like this belong on rec. scuba

I felt the same way about Divi Tiara on Brac when I stayed there August, 2002.

I have to say that I had my most enjoyable trip to the Carribbean when I was on Brac. I know Max and of course love Liz! (Well, I know him as much as one can during a week.) (All you have to do is meet Liz and realize what a lucky guy Max is! She's a pistol!) I mean that I have met who you are talking about.

Also, just left Roatan last week. Two of my dive buddies there were members of the Handicapped Scuba Assn. (Dave and Tim, both confined to wheelchairs on land, but not confined to a damn thing underwater..) They dove with me on Roatan, and dove without me at Divi Tiara in August 2003. Also, two girls I met at Divi in 2002 were there in August 2003 and said that they enjoyed it as much as they had last year.

The food is plentiful and very good, the rooms are comfy and good for what you need them for! Sleeping!

I heard that the bar has been rebuilt from the girls.

RaviePoo, I believe in everything oupeeler22 said. I felt the same way when I left Divi on Brac! I sent emails to others that pretty much stated just what oupeeler22 said.

Has this board become so cynical that someone posting something happy is attacked?

coberry7 once bubbled...

RaviePoo, I believe in everything oupeeler22 said. I felt the same way when I left Divi on Brac! I sent emails to others that pretty much stated just what oupeeler22 said.

Has this board become so cynical that someone posting something happy is attacked?

It wasn't an attack. Oupeeler22, if you have joined this board to share experiences and learn from others, welcome to scubaboard. I merely said what I said because we occassionaly see one hit wonders who are simply here to advertise. We will know which category you fall into based on your continued participation (or lack of participation) in the future. I hope you end up hanging around. I didn't mean to discourage you.

BTW: I don't have moderator aspirations. It's your perogative to write me off as a jerk if you wish.

Have a nice day.

Gotta agree w RaviePoo....

The orig post seemed to lack substance....

but if it is real I'm glad the poster seemed to have a great time

I wouldn't stay at Divi based on that read only

Diverlori's thread was an example of an insightful discussion about a dive resort/op...

.....imo because of all the diverse views expressed and especially Max's willingness to offer commentary.

fwiw I'd still take the good .... and the ok .... and the not so ok of BRBR over Divi

Joe

I have to say my instinct was that this post was something less than what it appeared to be.

I believe Lori's account of her week at Divi Tiara, and feel bad for her that she had such a nightmarish week and is not happy with the way the resort handled her complaints.
I read Max's apology.
I have stayed at Divi Tiara myself, and as I have stated before, had the same experience as Oupeeler22 describes.
I loved the place.
I will go back. (when I find that single millionaire, that is). :D

People have different experiences, and different perceptions, for sure. I have nothing to gain by defending Divi Tiara, and I am actually not defending them, just stating my own facts. Whether or not this thread was posted to benefit the resort, it rings true for me.

Where can I find Lori's account and Max's apology? Kinda want to read that as I am planning another trip to the Caymans. I had a great week there, but want to know how it went for others.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom