Topside?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HighSeasYoda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heading to Grand Cayman from Nov 17-25; any recommendations on topside activities, restaurants, etc. that we shouldn't miss while we are there? My wife has to sit out the diving this trip so we will probably be spending a little more time on land then we have the last couple of trips

Thanks for any suggestions!

The Turtle Farm is worth a visit. Don't go to Hell. Rum Point is beautiful to check out, maybe have dinner and a cocktail. Smith's Cove is a nice day at the beach and away from SMB if that's not your thing.

There's also a bioluminescent kayak tour, but I can't vouch for that.

Downtown Georgetown has a La Casa del Habano if you're into cigars.

Hike the Mastic trail if you like tropical plants and such.

For food, My Bar at Sunset House is a great place to eat and have drinks. If there, check out Cathy Church's gallery.

There's a Tiki Bar on SMB north of The Westin that's was very cool, but I can't remember the name.

Finally, my personal favorite - Chicken Chicken. Cheap, tasty, and wholesome meal. I want to bottle their sauce and take it back home with me next time!

Have a great time!

Like horses? There's companies that offer beachfront rides up in West Bay - even swimming in the water.
One of these: http://www.caymanislands.ky/Activities/Exploring/Horseback.aspx

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:09 PM ----------

There's a Tiki Bar on SMB north of The Westin that's was very cool, but I can't remember the name.
At Turtle Reef? Macabuca. http://www.crackedconch.com.ky/macabuca.php

Where are you staying?

The Turtle Farm is worth a visit. Don't go to Hell. Rum Point is beautiful to check out, maybe have dinner and a cocktail. Smith's Cove is a nice day at the beach and away from SMB if that's not your thing.

There's also a bioluminescent kayak tour, but I can't vouch for that.

Downtown Georgetown has a La Casa del Habano if you're into cigars.

Hike the Mastic trail if you like tropical plants and such.

For food, My Bar at Sunset House is a great place to eat and have drinks. If there, check out Cathy Church's gallery.

Finally, my personal favorite - Chicken Chicken. Cheap, tasty, and wholesome meal. I want to bottle their sauce and take it back home with me next time!

Have a great time!

Appreciate all the suggestions. Looked into everything you had listed there and definitely going to have to include some of those. Thanks for listing all them!

Like horses? There's companies that offer beachfront rides up in West Bay - even swimming in the water.
One of these: http://www.caymanislands.ky/Activities/Exploring/Horseback.aspx

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:09 PM ----------

At Turtle Reef? Macabuca. Cracked Conch Grand Cayman Ocean Front Seafood Restaurant and Tiki Bar

We'll have to check out cracked conch when we make it up there - that does look pretty cool from their website. Like the idea of the beachfront rides - wife is pregnant though so will probably keep that for next time (she has already randomly told me no horses so it's pretty funny that you mentioned that). Thanks

Where are you staying?

Grand Cayman Beach Suites on SMB.

Thanks for the replies!

---------- Post Merged at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:31 PM ----------

The Tiki bar in question is called Tiki Beach.

Head out east for a day and visit the Botanic Park and the Pedro St James historic site. Have lunch at the Lighthouse Restaurant in between.

Camana Bay has several nice restaurants and shops.

I'll second the recommendation for Chicken! Chicken! for a casual good meal. Your dates have you visiting over Thanksgiving and on that day they serve Turkey! Turkey! Some hotels offer a special T-Day buffet.

There is a mosaic at Camana Bay they say is one of the largest underwater mosaic scenes in the world. I didn't see it as I only learned about it in the airport on the way home last time. But looks like it would be cool to check out.

The Tiki bar in question is called Tiki Beach.

Head out east for a day and visit the Botanic Park and the Pedro St James historic site. Have lunch at the Lighthouse Restaurant in between.

Camana Bay has several nice restaurants and shops.

I'll second the recommendation for Chicken! Chicken! for a casual good meal. Your dates have you visiting over Thanksgiving and on that day they serve Turkey! Turkey! Some hotels offer a special T-Day buffet.

Don't forget EATS for Turkey on Thanksgiving day.

That will be one of our first orders of business when we get there - find out where the Turkey is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom