Need some info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chibracdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
for years my family and I have dove GC, LC and the Brac and have had a great time, met new friends and have loved almost every minute of every trip. We recently sold out condo on the Brac and now my wife and daughter are conspiring against my son and myself and wish to travel to another Caribbean locale...the Bahamas. As there is not a lot of traffic on that forum I was hoping someone here can provide me with some additional info. We are, apparently, staying at Atlantis, so I just need thoughts/opinions regarding the dive ops in the Paradise island area...Bahama Divers, Stuart Cove's, anyone else. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Look in the Cruise forum for several pasges of Cove's reviews. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...lol

If you click on Search Forum in the blue menu bar while in the sub-forum you can quickly find posts with "Coves" in them.

Ugh.
Cayman Brac and Atlantis are a world apart in every way apart from weather.
Your wife and daughter certainly were conspiring against you.

On a past spring break trip to New Providence we had to wear sweatshirts as it was in the 60's, unlike anywhere in the Caymans.

+1 on chilly. I went early spring (March I think) and the water was actually cold. Normally I wear no insulation (Dominica, Bonaire, Keys, etc.) but that trip I used a 3mm shorty and a 3mm neoprene T-shirt and was still very chilly. Why not St. Thomas, St. John's, Dominica, or any other place in the Caribbean?

I don't know that much about the Bahamas but don't think Paradise Island is the equivalent of the Caymans. Best of luck. Why did you sell you condo? We had a wonderful time share on GC at Indies Suites until it got blown down in Ivan. That's when we learned GC was not as civilized as we thought it was, long story.

I am letting the females in my life make the call on this trip. I'm just going along for the ride. It seems we are now leaning towards Coz. My son and I will be Brac in March 2015 for our Gonzo Dive Trip.

I sold the condo due to partner issues. Having adopted a "life is way, way, way too short" mantra recently it was not in my best interest to maintain ownership. Took a substantial loss but, oh well...as they say, "it's only $$$".

I appreciate all the info from all the other posters.

Have stayed at Atlantis and a couple of other places on the Island. You have to take a boat to get to good snorkeling. Just remember you are off the coast of Florida so it can be coolish during the winter.

Back
Top Bottom