looking for some quick opinions on "dive tech"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello everyone
hopefully someone can help me out quickly. i am looking at a last minute trip to grand cayman and may be staying close to dive tech cobalt coast. would love to hear opinions on the quality of their training in general. if anyone has any specific knowledge or opinions on the side mount training that would be even better
thx
rick

Their instructor for a normoxic course blew the burst disc on my twin set. He seemed surprised. I wasn't. This isn't cave country.

Dive Tech is a first class outfit! They host 3 tech events per year (CCR Expedition Seminar, Innerspace, and Focus Underwater). I can't talk about their open circuit dive training since we use them for our CCR's. They have Steve Tippits in charge of dive training. Phil Short joined them about a year ago. Both are excellent instructors.

apparently phil is away so an instructor named darren would be doing the SM training.

Back
Top Bottom