Temperatures now - Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maremd50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be leaving for Grand Cayman in two weeks. I'm wondering if someone can post what the water temps have been the last few days and/or until Oct 24. I get cold easy so I'm very temperature focused and tend to feel a huge difference with small temp variations. The internet gives ranges of 76-84 F - that's two different wetsuits for me...lol. And I plan to do a minimum of 3 dives a day every day for a week. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

The Little Cayman Research Center has a buoy with real-time measurement of water temps off of Little Cayman that is available via the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC) website (NDBC - Station 42089). Right now, the water temps are showing around 85F. I wouldn't expect GC temps to be too much different...maybe a degree or two cooler by the end of the month at most. Keep in mind that the buoy is in fairly shallow water, so might run slightly hotter than you will find at depth. I am flying in on the 24th and I am going to plan for 82-84F water unless something changes dramatically at the buoy in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks AggieDiver! What a great link - I'll be watching it till I leave. Since I've never been to the Cayman's I thought it would be a good idea to reach out to people there or to other divers - I appreciate it!! Have a great trip! I'm craving a nitrogen fix too...lol!!! Can hardly wait till the 24th!

Hey Maggie, is that you? I just sent Nancy all the details....should be about 80=84 degrees :)
Shell\

Haha, just looked at your profile...sorry nancy :) I just sent you the deets via fb along with condo info. Can't wait! See you in 2 weeks!

I just got back from there yesterday and it was great. Only one morning rain but didn't really bother much. Temps are phenomenal, didn't need a wetsuit even at 100'. Just used a rash guard and the air temp was around 84 when I left.

Diving Brac all this week--one more day tomorrow---and most are wearing either bathing suits or skins only.....water temps have been 85+all 5 diving days so far.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom