Immigration to get easier for visitors to Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I thought this was the case last year. I remember seeing something about a year ago where changes similar to this had already been made. I own a home on Little Cayman and in previous years had to get a visa renewal after the initial 30 day visa. (But since I have been coming for many years, the folks at Immigration were never very strict about the 30 day limitation. They would easily give me a visa for 6 weeks or so if that was all I was requesting.) I think last year the limit on the initial visa was 90 days, and when I got to the airport last January the Immigration people very readily gave me a 90 day visa. Still, this is a very welcome change.

My question is how do you prove to the Immigration Officer on entry that you don't need to work to stay for six months.

Do they want copies of investment account statements, tax returns, or what?

It will be interesting to see what they require.

To be honest, I never find Cayman immigration that burdensome. Now immigration when you get back to Miami - that is a serious PITA.

Back
Top Bottom