LCBR short trip report and funny video Dec9-16th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAFUN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Second time to LCBR, Dec 9-16. Breezy all week and never made it to the North Side. Dove on the South all week and was happy, but really wanted to do the North side
a couple of times. I wouldn't come again in the winter because of that. I was told they dove the North side 2 days out of the last 30 days:(

3 of our favorite dive staff are no longer with LCBR, Dottie was gone when we got their, and Reggie, and sweet Heather left during our week. :(
ALL of LCBR dive staff is GREAT,we switched boats and dive staff during our week and had a great time with everyone.

The new chef was great and we had good food everyday. To me it was as good as with chef Anthony.

Most dive days were cloudy, by lots of life, rays, and sharks on most days.

https://vimeo.com/114932033

This GoPro video is my wife with one of the many Groupers. Remember, touching Grouper will make them sick.

Thanks,
Russ

Second time to LCBR, Dec 9-16. Breezy all week and never made it to the North Side. Dove on the South all week and was happy, but really wanted to do the North side
a couple of times. I wouldn't come again in the winter because of that. I was told they dove the North side 2 days out of the last 30 days:(

Winter is the best time of year to be diving there! November and December can be kind of "iffy", though, as you discovered. Beginning in January, "normal" is that there will be one four day stretch every four weeks when the boats can't go to the north side. I remember one 6 day stretch last winter, and I think that set a record in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom