Have at it! Vote for your favorite Cayman Dive Operator.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

releck97

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive Operators in the Cayman Islands | Scuba Diving

Top 10 Dive Operators in the Cayman Islands

Please vote for your favorite Dive Operator in the Cayman Islands. The voting process will be open from Feb. 2 to Feb. 6 and you can only vote from your Facebook profile. One profile = one vote. There are more than ten World Class scuba diving operators in the Cayman Islands and this list will only feature ten of the crowd favorites. Please help get your favorite dive company the recognition it deceives. If you dive company is not listed below, please contact us.

So popular is the Cayman islands as a diving destination -- and so pristine are its waters, its reefs and its marine life -- that a visitor can chose among a huge array of dive operators, guides, instructors, boats and companies. Cayman Brac alone is said to have 50 dive professionals in one capacity or another. It’s advisable to check the safety records of any dive operators, the proficiency of the instructors and the quality of the gear they supply.

...I just got around to reading the press release above. Talk about typos! "Please help get your favorite dive company the recognition it deceives" is unquestionably my favorite!

Last edited:
Auto-correct is a wonderful, terrible thing.

The problem with a "poll" like that is that most people who vote will probably only have dove with 1 or 2 dive ops on Cayman and they will argue that those 1 or 2 are the best never have experienced any others.

I agree with Eastenddiver.
This sort of poll is meaningless.
Much like the readers choice awards in Sport Diver Magazine.

EastEndDiver is right. The average tourist diver has dived with perhaps 2 - 4 dive ops so they have no significant basis for comparison. Is there a way to get the voters to specify how many different Cayman ops they have dived with? If the number is 10 or more the vote might have some informational value ...

I've never had a bad dive with any of the dive operations, they all do an awesome job. I been with Ocean Frontiers, Divetech, Brac Scuba Shack, Reef Divers, InDepth, Off the Wall and Red Sail and they are all my favorite.:D Cheers

I've had some less than ideal experiences with a few operators but anyone can have a bad day. Further, DMs tend to be relatively transient so the quality of an operation is often a moving target.
All of them meet Cayman Islands Watersport Association safety rules so all are quality operations. If they weren't they would not be in business for long in that competitive market.
I know who I like to dive with but my personal experience is limited to only about half a dozen operators, so how can I rank them all?

How can Go Pro Diving be in the top 10 list when all they do is teach IDC and dive master classes?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom