Diving in either Cayman Brac or Little Cayman mid March- any hotel or dive operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Judydiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
My Husband and I are looking for a dive vacation coupled with a nice hotel and relaxation. Looking for exciting diving, not more than 60-70ft deep- and not located where we will need to spend a lot of time on the boat. Can you suggest a good hotel and dive operation? I have been looking at Brac reef Resort and Reef divers their operation, but I am open for suggestions. THANK YOU

Welcome to the board Judydiver.
The Brac Reef would fit your needs quite well. Very quiet, boat diving close to operation...the island is only 12 miles long.
Little Cayman beach Resort would fit as well. The same wall that goes by Little Cayman goes by the Brac, the top of the wall off Little Cayman is shallower, only 18ft. at it's shallowest point and averaging around30-40 while on the Brac the shallow start is more like at 40-60. You can choose you own level along the wall and go only as deep as you like. Both places have plenty of shallow diving in the 30 foot range if that is what you prefer.

Either of these would suit your needs. Also have a look at Pirate's Point on LC.
Even smaller and more intimate.

Hard to avoid the boat travel, however, on either island.

I was at Little Cayman Beach Resort last week. My first trip to the Caymans, but I would certainly recommend it. All of the resorts on LC are clustered in the same area on the south side of the island. The best diving is on the north side. All of the resort dive boats travel around the western tip of the island to reach the north side. Pirate's Point is the farthest west...so shortest trip to the north side...although LCBR the rest are about 5 minutes further east. Trips from LCBR to the furthest north side dive site was about 25 minutes.

One point to note about Pirate's Point is that they typically only scheudle 2 dives/day; LCBR does a 2 tank trip in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

How do you define "nice hotel"? LCBR is a nice dive resort, with rooms renovated within the past 5 years. All meals are buffet, but high quality. T shirts and shorts and flip flops are the standard attire. It is not what I would call rustic, but not a true hotel either. More of a high end dive resort, if that make sense.

BRBR(on Brac) & LCBR(Little Cayman) are owned by the same family ie same boats used/food/ & lodging(basically).........Go with either one for great diving---but---you better hurry up, flights---& rooms--into either are usually pretty full 4 weeks out........good luck.......

EDIT:..wife & I were @ Brac Reef BR in late Oct 2014---my pics(topside & below) can be found here(link below), 1st 7 albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets

IMO, you'll not be disappointed @ either island......

Last edited:

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 02:35 PM ----------

Just one correction Large,
The Pirates Point boat is moored in the lagoon on the south side of the island near LCBR. Divers are vanned to and from the boat each day. They go out through the same cut in the reef.

If you like a more romantic quieter and pampered place look at Southern Cross. Was there in Aug and it blew us away! Feel free to pm me with any questions. I know LCBR is where most go so i am in a minority here. Bill

My Husband and I are looking for a dive vacation coupled with a nice hotel and relaxation. Looking for exciting diving, not more than 60-70ft deep- and not located where we will need to spend a lot of time on the boat. Can you suggest a good hotel and dive operation? I have been looking at Brac reef Resort and Reef divers their operation, but I am open for suggestions. THANK YOU
i have a group going to brac reef on april 26 to may 3..PM for details OR email info@scubanewyork.com if interested..space still available as of last friday. you can arrange airfare out of miami to grand cayman and we will get you from
there to the brac .

Last edited:

---------- Post added February 21st, 2015 at 02:35 PM ----------

Just one correction Large,
The Pirates Point boat is moored in the lagoon on the south side of the island near LCBR. Divers are vanned to and from the boat each day. They go out through the same cut in the reef.

Doh - good point! The PP dock, as one of the LCBR DMs pointed out to me, is about 50 yards from the LCBR dock.

Back
Top Bottom